Morning

Lauren's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off. Today was the first day of school well for me it was. Today was orientation for all the freshman kids and the new kids meaning me, the rest of the school didn’t start till next week. Why the monday before school started? It was because the school was stupid and decided not to do it on a Friday like regular people.  I groaned as I got up from my bed. I wasn't excited for going back to school but no one ever really is. I just wasn't so excited for fake friends, drama, and school work. It was bad enough my eighth grade year when people found out I had a recording contract and I was on the brink of becoming famous. Now that I am I can only imagine how it'll be. I heard a knock on my door.

"Lauren get up." My dad yelled behind the door.

"I am." I yell back. I get off my bed and get ready for school putting on the outfit I had picked the night before. A pair of white skinny jeans, a floral colored crop top, and my black leather jacket on top. I went downstairs after getting ready to eat breakfast. I went downstairs to see everyone was awake.

“Lauren are you ready to leave?” My father asked.

“When I finish breakfast.”

“Ok, Ally will take you.”

“Why aren’t you taking me?”

“Because Ally’s going to the school.”

“Why.”

“I’m part of the welcoming committee at the school. So I’ll be helping show the school and stuff like that.” Ally interjected. I nodded my head as I made my bowl of cheerios. After I was finished I went upstairs to brush my teeth. When I came back down Ally was waiting with her keys at hand.

“Ready?” She asked.

“Yeah.” We got in the car and Ally started to head towards the school. On our way she took a turn the opposite way that she was supposed to.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Camila.” Was all she said. We soon arrived at her house and she came running out a few seconds before she came out and got in onto the back seat. There was something about Camila that I had found to be very interested, maybe because I found out she was a fan but didn’t want to admit it. I found it really cute and funny when I was clearly flirting with her and she seemed oblivious to it. It wasn’t that I like her but she was different than most people and I became curious on how she would react. I learned that she spoke her mind and wanted to know more about me, the real me, to give reason to my actions not  just to justify them like my fans or to go against them like the press. She likes to know the facts before she voices her opinion which I think makes her a really smart person. I’m still not sure if I can trust her since she is friends with Ally after all and it can all be a different kind of act. Ally and her mom acted like angels, well did. Now Ally is being colder than ever. I think she just gave up on it since they know I won’t change my opinion of them. It will remain the same till I am proven wrong, which won’t happen soon.

“We’re bigger than we ever dreamed, and I’m in love with being queen. Ooooooh. Ooooh. Oooh. Lifes a game without a care. We aren’t caught up in your love affair.” I was broken away from thought as I heard Camila singing along to Royal on the radio. Wow she had an amazing voice. When we arrived at the school we headed separate ways as they needed to prepare for whatever they were going to do while I had to go and sign in with the freshman. Everyone was outside and there was a table set up to check in. There was a big line but as soon as they saw me people started to disperse.

“Is that Lauren Jauregui?” I heard someone whisper. I smirked since I hadn’t told anyone why I was taking a break from touring and recording. I knew that soon fans will be talking about it and it wouldn’t be long before the paparazzi mentioned it somewhere. I went to the desk where a girl was taking names.

“What’s your name?” She said still looking down. Her voice was familiar and it didn’t take much for me to recognize it.

“Lauren.” I answered. Normani looked up and smiled.

“Do you have a last name Lauren?” She said jokingly.

“I do but I can’t remember it. I haven’t said it in a while since people just know my last name, which is weird since its an unusual name to have.”

“Hmm well lets see Bennet? No you don’t look like a Lauren C. Bennet. Davis? Nah not a Davis either. Well the only other Lauren is Jauregui but I was sure your name would be something along the lines of Lauren D. dumbass.”

“Well aren’t you a comedian.”

“I mean I try.

“Do you want a cookie for your efforts?”

“Naw I’m good.” We laughed.

“Well Lauren you’re in group four and your guides are Camila Cabello and Michael Clifford.”

“Ok, well do you want to do something after this?” I asked her.

“Yeah. Well go to your house and party.”

“So dinner and a movie it is.” She laughed as I walked away to find Camila. It was easy to find her. She was talking to the guy besides her, that held a sign with the number four on it. She was laughing and seemed to be having fun as a line of teens lined up in front of them. I got closer and I noticed something I hadn’t before. The two of them were holding hands.

Camila’s POV

After getting out of the car, I got in the group with the volunteers that were helping to guide the students. We were being separated into groups of two, being seven groups in total. I was paired up with Michael. He was a cool guy and funny too. I knew he had a crush on me but I always looked at him as a friend. We got set up and Michael raised the number four over his head and soon the other students were lining up in front of us.

“You ready to do this Mila?” He asked.

“Yeah, its going to be completely fun guiding a group of people that are just a group younger around, hoping they’ll listen to you.” He laughed.

“Come on it won’t be that bad. I mean you can see the joy on their faces.” I looked in front of me to see all of them with sleepy faces or frowns, except for a few that were with their friends.

“Yeah their ecstatic to be here.” He grabbed a hold of my left hand.

“Come on it’ll be fun. I’ll help you through it. I mean look on the bright side your partners with me.” He smirked a little.

“Yeah thats the best part.”

“See I knew you’d come around.” I laughed before looking around at the kids in our line. My glaze soon fell on Lauren who was standing in the back with her arms crossed over her chest and nostrils flared.

________________________________________

Hi hope you enjoy the chapter. Next week it will get a lot more interesting I hope. Are any of you going to the concert in San Francisco? If so I hope to see you there. -S