Big News

No one’s POV

*Couple weeks pass

Today was the day that they would sing their song in front of the entire class.

“Are you ready?” Lauren asked Camila.

“Yeah I’m just nervous. I don’t want anyone to make fun of me.”

“No ones going to make fun of you when you have one of the best voices I have ever heard.”

“You’re just saying that cause you’re my girlfriend.”

“No I mean it completely. That I even have some amazing news.” Lauren said with excitement in her voice. She had a huge surprise for Camila that was hard to hide.

“What is it?” Camila asked eagerly.

“I’ll tell you when we go out to dinner.”

“But that isn’t for a couple hours.”

“So hurry and get ready so we can leave earlier.”

“I can’t wait that long.”

“Sorry sweetheart you’re going to.”

“Fine.”

Sixth period soon arrived and the performances soon began. Not many people performed original songs, and the most original ones were popular music tracks with a change in lyrics. The best performances had been given by Dinah and Carly who had hit so many high notes that you forgot that they were playing instruments at the same time. Normani and Ally had gone and killed it. It was an amazing performance between the two as they dance and sang Normani hitting some whistle notes a couple times. Then it was soon time for Lauren and Camila to begin. Lauren sat at the piano with a mike set on it and Camila sat in front of a mike. Lauren began to play and she started the song off.

Lauren: “No one ever saw me like you do. All the things that I could add up too. I never knew just what a smile was worth but your eyes say everything, without a single word. Cause there's somethin in the way you look at me. It's as if my heart knows you're the missing piece. You make me believe that there's nothing in this world I can't be. I never know what you see but there's somethin' in the way you look at me.”

Camila: “If I could freeze a moment to my mind, it'll be the second that you touch your lips to mine. I'd like to stop the clock make time stands still cause, baby, this is just the way I always wanna feel.  'Cause there's somethin' in the way you look at me. It's as if my heart knows you're the missing piece. You make me believe that there's nothing in this world I can't be. I never know what you see but there's somethin' in the way you look at me.”

Both: “I don't know how or why I feel different in your eyes. All I know is it happens every time. Cause there's somethin' in the way you look at me. It's as if my heart knows you're the missing piece. You make me believe. That there's nothing in this world I can't be. I never know what you see but there's somethin' in the way you look at me. The way you look at me.”

They ended the song and the room was silent. The pair of girls hadn’t take their eyes of each other since the song began. They broke their gaze when the room got filmed with clapping. They stood up from and held hands as they walked back to their seats.

“Did you get it?” Lauren asked Dinah. Dinah nodded with a giant smile.

“Get what?” Camila asked.

“It’s for the surprise.”

“Can you tell me now?”

“Nop.”

“Why?”

“Because its not a sure thing yet but I’m hoping it will be by tonight.”

Lauren’s POV

I climb the steps one by one as I went upstairs to Camila’s room to see if she was ready. I knocked on the door softly before she opened it. She came out with baby blue high waist shorts, a shirt that matched, beige high heels and a small amount of makeup. We had agreed to dress casually because I wasn’t taking her to a fancy place.

“Ready?” I asked. She nodded before taking my hand in hers as we walked down the stairs. I was excited to tell her my news and I couldn’t wait till to her face when she found out.

“So are you going to tell me now?” Camila asked once we were in my car.

“Not yet.” I reply.

“But I’ve been waiting all day.”

“Then you’ll be fine waiting a few more.”

“Fine mother.”

“Did you just call me mother?”

“I’ll call you by how you’re acting.”

“So is this a new thing you’re starting to do now?”

“Maybe.”

We had arrived at the park and we headed towards the woods. I has everything set up already in the hideout. I had set up a nice table cloth on the table with a single candle in the middle like in those cheesy romantic films because I knew Camila loved those. I looked at her she had a big smile on her face.

“I love this.” She said as she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“I thought you would.” I said letting go of her hand as I pulled the chair for her to sit down. I went to the box and pulled out the picnic basket full of food.

“What’s in the basket?” Camila asked.

“Guess.”

“Strawberries and nutella?” I smile and pull it out.

“What else?”

“Plantains?” I pull them out of the basket.

“One more thing.” I say.

“Spaghetti?”

“So close but were two for three.”

“No wait, pizza?”

“I was going to but nop. There chicken nuggets.”

“That was my next guess.”

“Sure it was.” I say with a role of my eyes.

“So are you finally going to tell me the news?” I smile. I had planned this since the first time I had heard her voice. I knew it was going to work out.

“Well today I had Dinah record our song. I send it some people in my label and they are willing to give you recording contract and you might be able to go with me on tour.” I saw with a big smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally updated. Thanks to the people that gave me song suggestions. I promis to update next week because I have the last chapter already planned out and it will be the last chapter for this and it'll be longer. I hope you like this chapter. -S