Jealousy?

Michael’s POV

“Come on just ask her.” Ashton encouraged me.

“I don’t know. She has a girlfriend doesn’t she?”

“Well then the worst that can happen is that she does. Now go ask.” Calum said. I nod before heading towards Camila who was putting books in her locker.

“Hey Michael.” She says when she sees me.

“Hey Mila.” I say.

“What’s up?” She asks me.

“Well I was wondering if you would be my partner for Mr. Lario’s project because I got guitar and all.” I ask.

“Well actually.”

“She already has a partner.” Lauren says as she comes up from behind her and wraps her around her waist and puts her head on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry Michael, Lauren asked me first.”

“No its fine, I’ll just see if Ashton can work with me or something.” I say before walking away, feeling Lauren’s gaze on me. I got back to my locker and Calum instantly came up to me.

“So how’d it go?”

“I told you, she has Lauren. I don’t even know why I tried.”

“Look it was worth a try.”

“Yeah, I guess nothing bad happened.”

Camila’s POV

“What was that?” I asked Lauren

“What do you mean?” She responded trying to play innocent.

“Oh please if looks could kill Michael would have suffered a thousand deaths from the glare you were giving him.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Were you jealous?”

“Me jealous of him? Never I have no reason to be jealous of him. Have you seen me and have you seen him?” She say confidently. I slapped her in the arm “Why did you hit me?”

“For being cocky and insulting him.”

“I’m not cocky, I’m confident and I didn’t insult him. I just said I’m better looking. I never, in any way or form, said he was ugly.”

“You don’t have to be jealous.”

“I’m not.”

“Really now?”

“Not jealous at all.”

“You know I never saw you as the jealous type.”

“I’m not the jealous type, I’m just being protective.”

“Protective?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes protective.”

“So what’s the difference between being protective than being jealous.”

“Being jealous means that I want what they have. Being protective means I don’t trust other people because they might want to take you away from me.”  I couldn’t help but smile at her words. She leaned in and placed a kiss on my lips.  “Come on lets go, we have to practice.”

“Practice for what?”

“Our project, I have to write a song and you have to sing for me.”