Understanding

Lauren’s POV

“I think we should break up.” Her words hit me like a ton of bricks but quickly shook it off knowing she didn’t mean it and was just saying it because Ally’s words had gotten towards her.

“Camila, lets be rational here.” I say in an attempt to sooth her.

“I don’t think there is any other solution, she hates me.”

“Thats because you’re not thinking hard enough. You’re acting like the world is coming to an end but it’s not. Ally is your best friend and she’ll realize that you aren’t the type of person to use her. You never planned on this happening and she just needs some time to realize that. She would never hate you.”

“You think?”

“I’m positive. Now do you want to go back to my room and watch movies?”

“Only if we can watch the Notebook.”

“As your heart desires my princess.”

Camila’s POV

Its been three weeks and Ally hasn’t talked to me. She hangs out with just Dinah now, and when we see each other she pretends not to notice me or just ignores me completely. Lauren told their parents about us and they were happy for the most part, just a little sad that one daughter's happiness had cost them the happiness of the other. They’ve tried to talk to Ally numerous times like I had but she wouldn’t listen to anyone. She even fought with Dinah for three days after trying to talk to her about me. To her I was a taboo and it hurt, not being able to talk to my best friend. Lauren is still positive she’ll come around but I’m starting to doubt it. Ally has never been mad at anyone for this long. I know she’s feeling betrayed but she won’t let me explain what happened. I just really want my best friend back.

Lauren’s POV

I hate seeing Camila this way. She doesn’t smile as often as she did before. Its killing me because I know this is all my fault. I shouldn’t have suggested the secret relationship or even kissed her. I know she doesn’t blame me but she should. I need to find a way to fix this but its like Ally doesn’t want to acknowledge Camila’s presence in any time. I’ve tried to talk to her but when I mention Camila’s name she walks away or puts her headphones in to drown me out but I need to find a way to get her to understand .

I decide to try again but this time to make my point clear and I found the perfect way to do it. I walk into her room with my guitar in hand and shes lying on her bed.

“Ally can I talk to you?”

“About?” She asks uncertain.

“This song I’ve been writing.”

“Um what do you need me for?”

“I need you to tell me if its any good.”

“Sure. If you want my opinion.” She says uncertain.

“Great.” I begin to play.

“People say we shouldn’t be together. We’re too young to know about forever. But I say they don’t know what they talk talk talkin about. Cause this love is only getting stronger. So I don’t want to wait any longer. I just want to tell the world that you’re mine girl. Oh they don’t know about the things we do. They don’t know about the I love you’s, but I bet if they only knew they would just be jealous of us. They don’t know about the up all nights, they don’t know I’ve waited all my life. Just to fall in love feels this right. Baby they don’t know about us. They don’t know about us. Just one touch and I was a believer. Ever kiss gets a little sweeter. It’s getting better. Keeps getting better all the time girl. They don’t know about the things we do.They don’t know about the I love you’s, but I bet you if they only knew they would just be jealous of us, they don’t know about the up all nights, they don’t know I've waited all my life. Just to find a love that feels this right. Baby they don’t know about, they don’t know about us. They don’t know how special you are, they don’t know what you’ve done to my heart, they can say anything they want, cause they don’t know us. They don’t know what we do best. It's between me and you, our little secret, but I wanna tell 'em. I wanna tell the world that you're mine, girl.”

“Lauren, stop I know what you’re trying to do.”

“You do?”

“Yeah and I know its not your fault but Camila’s. I’m just saying you need to be careful because she could be using you too.”

“No that wasn’t what I was trying to say. Look I told Camila too keep it a secret from you, she was scared you wouldn’t accept it and I hate to admit it but she’s right. I don’t understand why you’re so against us dating. Its seems like everyone else is accepting of us except you. I thought you would be happy, to see your best friend and sister happy.”

“It’s because you don’t see it.”

“Tell me what don’t I see?”

“She’s using you for your fame and you’re too blinded by love to see it. I thought she was my best friend and wouldn’t care that you were my sister but she used me. She used me to get closer to you.”

“Look Ally, I understand how you feel. I’ve been there and thats how I know Camila isn’t using me. I know what being used feels like, and I know it sucks but you know Camila better than anyone else including me. You know shes not the type of person.”

“I don’t know anymore. I thought she told me everything but it was a lie. She never even told me she was a lesbian.”

“Bisexual.”

“What?”

“She’s not a lesbian, she’s bisexual.”

“Same difference.”

“Its not. She told me she never had feeling for a girl unless you count girl crushes, which she didn’t because she says everyone has those.”

“Look Lauren, I just don’t know if I can trust her after keeping something this big a secret from me. She knows that I hate being out of the loop because it seemed like everyone knew except me.”

“No one except Dinah and Normani knew, and it was because they figured it out for themselves. Ally we really wanted to tell you, but we wanted to find a way to do it without having to go through something like this.”

“Let me just think about this alright.”

“That’s all I’m asking for.”

Ally’s POV

I don’t know what to think of this anymore. I want to trust Camila but I don’t understand why she was so afraid to tell me, in the first place. If she would have told me she liked my sister or even told me they had started dating, I think I would have been ok but instead she hid it. I need to think about things and I know just where to go. I begin the drive to the park and start heading to the woods. I expect to find it quiet but instead I hear sobbing coming from the corner. I look to find Camila sitting there with her arms wrapped around her legs and head in between them. I look at her and I finally realize what I need to do.

_________________________________________________

So my chapter were shorter and I was confused because I always right the same amount on the google docs file and it was because I had accidently changed the spacing. So now the chapters will be as longer. I think I'm going to end this story pretty soon, unless you give me more ideas on it because I seriously don't know what to write anymore. Hope you enjoy the chapter and sorry if the song doesn't really go along but I couldn't find one that would fit perfectly. -S