Chapter 6: Getting Warmer

Without noticing anything, we had both fallen asleep. I had curled up to him with my head on his chest. I could feel the gentle rising and falling of his chest as he breathed. I stroked his hair and kissed him on the cheek as I got up. I quickly realized that I was still naked. The same applied to Mark. I didn't feel like wearing pants so I only put my underwear on.

"Where is my shirt?" I said out loud. I immediately glanced over to Mark to ensure I didn't disturb him. I jumped when I saw movement but he only sighed and rolled over.

I failed in my attempt to find my shirt, so I decided to steal one of Mark's. In only my underwear and an incredibly baggy shirt I made my way out into the living room. I curled up on the couch and decided to turn the TV on while I scrolled through Instagram and Twitter. I looked at Mark's Instagram and noticed that he had posted the selfie we had taken together. The description was: "Everyone say hello to this beautiful girl!" I smiled and let out a squeal.

"What are you looking at?" I heard a voice from behind me say.

I jumped and nearly threw my phone. It did fall, but thankfully it fell face down, I did NOT want Mark to see what I really was looking at.

I panicked and my immediate response was "PORN." As I stared him directly in the eye.

He started laughing as he made his way to the kitchen. I couldn't help but chuckle at my horrible, thoughtless response. As I leaned over to pick up my phone I made sure to hit the home button, just so Mark wouldn't see. He brought me a cup of coffee just like yesterday.

I kissed him on the cheek as I said. "You're too sweet, Mark."

"Yeah, and that shirt looks awfully familiar." He laughed.

"Shhh, I couldn't find my own..." I said.

"It's fine!" He replied. "You look better in it than I do anyway."

"I doubt it!" I sarcastically replied.

He turned the TV on and scrolled through Twitter. I scooted closer towards him and curled up to his side. He smelled so nice and he was so warm. Life felt absolutely perfect with him by my side. But if I had to be honest, Mark felt too hot.

"Look at me." I said to him.

"Huh?" He said as he turned to me.

I put my hand on his head and he felt really hot. "Mark you're burning up! I think you have a cold." I looked at him with a slightly concerned look on my face.

"Oh." He said. "I feel fine, but I'm not going to disagree with you." He said. All he did was smile.

"Alright, well I'll be right back." I said to him as I got up.

I went to the washroom and rummaged through the medicine cabinet until I found a thermometer. I ran back to Mark and said. "Say ah."

"Ahhh." He said and I put the thermometer in his mouth. I left it there for a second and watched the numbers scramble on the screen while measuring his temperature. Once the numbers stopped I said "100.4 degrees. Mark, you have a fever, you are definitely coming down with something."

"Oh, well, I should probably go and record something before I start feeling the symptoms." He said as he got up.

"Wait!" I said. "Eat something before you do, you have to keep your energy up if you want to fight this thing."

"Alright, sounds good. I'll have some cereal."

What if he has corn flakes? I thought, remembering back to his 5 minute video. I chuckled out loud. But Mark surprisingly didn't hear me.

I felt hungry my self so I settled on an apple. I cut it into pieces and brought it back over to the couch. Once Mark was done he said "Well, I have to go record now, I'll see you in a few."

"Don't play anything too stressful!" I called to him.

"Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to play Super Mario Maker on the day that I'm sick!" He called back.

I could only udder a chuckle as I turned my attention back to my phone.