Chapter 23: Receiving a Gift

My eyes were burning from the bombard of tears. I had started slowly cheering up, it really helped that Lily was here to comfort me. Lily was such a nice person; so I gave her my number. We were sitting for about 5 minutes after I felt my heart beat regulate again when I heard voices and swift walking. 

"Uh." I sighed looking up. I saw Mark and Jack walk towards me they both held something behind their backs.

"Hey!" Said Mark and Jack in unison.

"I'm so terribly sorry." Said Mark, a sad, deep tone to his voice. It sounded alien compared to his usual tone. "I had no idea my fans would be like that towards you." He continued.

"It's not your fault." I said; my voice was hoarse from all of the crying. "After all, they've all fallen in love with you. That's why they watch you."

"I suppose." He sighed. "But Jack and I brought something to hopefully cheer you up."

"Oh?" I said. I tilted my head slightly to express my curiosity. The two pulled out what they were hiding behind their backs.

"Tah-dah!" Said Jack. The two were smiling and holding large, beautiful bouquets of my favourite flowers. My face lit up and I immediately jumped up and hugged the two.

"Thank you two sooooo much!" I felt like crying out of joy but I was completely out of tears.

"Wow Mark." Said Lily, as I pulled away from the two and took the bouquets of flowers. "You make just as wonderful a boyfriend as all yours fans thought you would to them..."

He chuckled. "Thanks." He smiled to her. 

"Oh." I said. I handed her one of the bouquets. "Take this, you deserve it."

"Huh?" She said. "Why? I didn't do anything for this. Besides, Mark and Jack got these for you."

"What do you mean you 'didn't do anything for this'?  You ran after me to comfort me regardless of also having a crush on Mark like your friend did." She started blushing when I said she had a crush on Mark. I couldn't help but smile. "It takes a lot of guts and kindness to pull a stunt like that."

She smiled immensely. "Thank you. I'm glad I made the choice I did." She pulled me into a hug and I hugged back.

"Looks like y/n made a new friend." I heard Jack whisper to Mark. His Irish accent made him slightly harder to understand. Still very cute though.

"Yeah, she sure did." Mark whispered back.

"She's a fan though." Jack sounded concerned.

"It's fine." Said Mark, full of confidence. That made me smile more.

I pulled away from Lily. "So, how about we go home?" I turned to Mark and Jack. "Could we bring Lily with us?"

"Sure!" Said Mark. "Hopefully there would be enough room in the car. What with those giant bouquets anyway."

"Heh," I chuckled. "We'll manage." I glanced over to Lily, you could tell she was holding in her inner fangirl.