Chapter 12: We Share the Same Opinion?

After Matt and Ryan got back Mark and I chatted with them for a while. It was mostly introducing me to them. It honestly felt the same as being introduced to someone's parents. They were definitely enjoyable to be around. I decided to go back home that night, especially since I had just recently moved in and only spent a few nights there. It felt kind of odd sleeping alone. I missed waking up to Mark's arm around me. It also felt cold. Mark's house now felt more like home than my own. Just being with him in general made me feel like I was at home. When I woke up in the morning I almost made breakfast for two. I sat on my couch and watched TV. But things still didn't seem right; so I decided to text Mark. 

"Hey." I said, I included a heart emoji. He didn't respond immediately, he was probably asleep anyway, it was only half passed 9. But for some reason I was worried. Oh my god... I thought. Am I becoming clingy? I really began worrying about if he thought I was too clingy. If I don't text him more than once I suppose I'll be okay. I turned on my (Preferred game console) and started playing some video games. I could only think of Mark while playing. Things like "I wonder if he likes this game." and "Has he played this game before?" would just bounce around in my mind. I was definitely becoming clingy. Maybe I should go hang out with a friend to try and clear my head. 

I dialled f/n number and asked her if she'd like to go to the mall with me. She said she'd love to so I got in my car and went to pick her up. I was too lazy to get out of the car so I texted her this. "Come outside I'm here." barely even 30 seconds later she walked outside and locked the door behind her. 

"Heyyyyyy!" She said enthusiastically as she got into the car.

"Hi! It's so nice to see you again!" I said to her, now backing out of her driveway.

"Yes! So..." She said, smiling at me. Oh boy I thought.

"So.... what?" I replied.

"How's you and Mark? Did you stay at his house again last night?" She said, still smiling.

"No. Matt and Ryan just got home last night from visiting family. So I had to go home. It felt so weird though." I said as I let out a sigh.

"Oh my gosh wait. Did you spend every night there since you guys met?" She said, sounding excited and kind of shocked. 

"Yeah....?" I said, questioning why she would ask.

"Awww! That's cute! Are you having separation anxiety now or something?" She said.

"No, but I can't get him out of my mind. He hasn't answered my text yet and I feel like he's ignoring me." I replied. There was a sad tone to my voice.

"Now why would he do that? The way he acted with you at the party definitely said that he loves you very much." She said.

I sighed. "I don't know. I think it might be because he maybe finds me too clingy now."

"No way. He probably would like that." She said to me. It wasn't long after that that we arrived at the mall.

As we got out of the car I said. "So. What are we gonna do first?" 

"Hmmmm." She said, placing her finger on her lip and tapping it once. "We.... Should.... Oh! We should go look for some makeup! I need more contour and highlight!" 

"Alright." I said. "Letsa go!" I said with a Mario like accent to it. Even THAT made me think of Mark. So far, my idea wasn't working.