The Absent Feels [Lachlan]

Preston and Vikk bursted with laughter, causing Luna to start shouting at them. What's up with her? Why is she shouting and blushing? Did she think of something that they heard that she's embarrassed about?
Luna looked at me with a nervous look, as if she was hoping I wasn't understanding what she was freaking out about. Having no emotions makes it so hard to understand people. Why did this have to happen to me?
I zoned out and saw flashbacks of when I had just met the Pack, before we starting recording together.

*In the flashback*

"Hey Little Lachy! Try to catch me!"
Preston shouted.

"Ez m8." I returned, running after him without using my ability.

We had agreed not to use our abilities unless needed back then. I ran like a normal person, Rob had the ability to shut down his mood switchy thing, and Vikk could shut out the thoughts he heard. We were so happy and full of excitement. I knew happiness back then.

I tackled Preston and laughed at him. Rob then threw a yellow pillow at me, causing me to flop over next to Preston.

"HEART EYE EMOJI!" The three of us shouted.

Vikk came flailing onto me, knocking the air out of me.

"Oh hi Lachlan." Vikk said, quickly getting off of me.

"Yeah hi. That hurt.." I said, rubbing my side.

Vikk and Rob helped me up to a standing position so I was towering over them.

"You literally have no Job." I joked, turning to Rob.

We spent a lot of time just screwing around back then. We hung out with Kenny and those guys as well. We all got along pretty well, until that day.

Ali-a used to be one of our great buddies. He was the only one without an ability, but we didn't care since we didn't use ours anyways. He acted like he was okay with it, but I knew he wasn't. He did pretty bad things in frustration because of his normal capabilities. We all started our YouTube channels as an escape from our supernatural world, but it didn't seem to help Ali. One day Ali finally developed powers, but he was far from our friendship by then. He became corrupted and evil. His ability brought on darkness, and he got angry at us. His corruption led to his short temper, and he ruined us. We Jerome grew to have less understanding of others, Mitch became cruel to everyone besides us, Rob and Vikk lost the ability to stop, or shut down their powers, leaving Rob constantly shifting everyone's moods and Vikk forever cursed to hear the voices of everyone's thoughts. Preston had to have Rob help him when he got out of control with his flame after that. Rob was the only one who could help him out of his fiery rage. I lost something that helped me connect with everyone. I lost my feelings. From that day forward I felt no happiness, no sympathy. Vikk made me feel better at times because of how close our friendship bond had always been, but it never made me feel like I used to. That is why we don't trust Ali. That is why we took Luna as soon as we heard there was something odd about her. We couldn't let Ali take her. Mitch told us there was a greater reason as to why we had to keep her from him, but he won't tell us. Vikk probably knows, but I know he won't tell.

*snapping out of flashback*

Do I care that I'm not happy? Well my true answer is no. I don't have any feeling of missing it. I want to be able to feel again though. It would make commentating and living life a lot easier. I have had to fake reactions and smiling and laughing and all of my bantering ever since Ali ruined us all. I don't want to be like this anymore. Cruel. Emotionless. Frightening.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"What do you mean Lachlan?" Luna asked, confused.

"I'm sorry I don't understand how you feel. I'm sorry for being cruel and scary. I'm sorry that we are like this." I added.

"I'm sorry that we couldn't save you, Ali." I spoke, at a whisper.

"There was nothing we could do to help him, Lachlan. He was never a true friend. He was never happy with us. You need to understand that." Vikk replied, trying to comfort me.

"Yeah. I know. Karma is coming for him, eventually. He will pay for what he has done. He will regret everything." I responded, showing my true courage.

"And so he shall, Lachlan. And so he shall." Mitch added, entering the room with Bacca Jerome following.

"Uhhh." Luna mumbled, probably confused at what we were at.

"You'll understand soon." Vikk turned to her.

I hope I understand as well. I feel like a puzzle that has several pieces missing. My feelings, the reason why Ali can't have her, everyone else's abilities, my old life.

I hope you enjoyed this extra long chapter. If I don't have time for a chapter either tomorrow or the next day, I hope this makes up for it. Bai lovely peeps of the Lunar Army!
(Ayyy)
~Luna out!