Hiro

Warning! Older Hiro! 18?
------------------------------------------

-Hiro's pov-
*knock knock*(omg)

"I'll get it." I said in a monotoned voice to nobody but myself. I put my pencil down and stood up. Walking over to the door I sighed, looked in the mirror, fixed my hair then opened the door.

There she stood. A young woman with (eye color) eyes and (color skin) skin. (First Name). This is the first time I've seen her in years. She looked miserable. She had bleached her hair, trying to hide its true color. "Can we go for a walk?" She asked, her voice cracking. I quickly nodded and quickly put my shoes on.

We walked to a near by park and sat on the swings. I could tell she was holding back her tears but I didn't say anything.

For a while we sat in silence. I thought about my future, the college applications that had recently arrived. I also wonder what she could possibly be thinking about.

Then she spoke.

She told me about her love life. She told me about the drugs. "Hiro.. Do you know how much pain I've been through? After I left the house I was so scared to even come in contact with anyone.. I was scared.. I had finally started to see a guy.. I told him about the curse and he accepted me. We we're doing great until.. He found someone else.." I saw a lonely girl wanting to be loved. "After that I ran into the wrong people.. Started doing drugs.. It started small but it only got worse.. First marijuana.. Then acid, heroin, shrooms, coke." I saw that they were her escape. She then told me about her goals. I saw unrealistic dreams. "Hir..O.. I need someone.. Anyone.." Her voice cracked again and again but she still held in her tears. I then saw hope, because at least I could give her that..

-Flash Back-

We had officially met when we were in second grade, even though we both lived in the Sohma house we didn't know each other that much. I had moved myself across the play ground to the cold metal swings where she sat alone. "What're you doing by yourself?" I asked. She looked up at me with her big (eye color) eyes. "Reading a comic book." She said and looked back down. I sat next to her on the swings. "Can I see it?" I asked her if I could see her comic book, even though I didn't really like comics. She thought for a minute before closing it and giving it to me. She had let me see it, even though it was obviously clear she didn't like to share. Maybe it was cause we were both looking for a smile.

One time in the summer I got stung by a bee. "Aah! Oh my gosh!!!" I cried out. She laughed, held my hand and told me she was there and it was okay to cry. I never thought she could say anything so stupid. I would never cry in front of a girl, but I cried anyway.

In the fall we raked the leaves into piles and took turns jumping, never afraid because we knew the bed of leaves would break our fall. "Me next! Me next!" She shouted as I raked up the last of what I had messed up.

-Flashback end-

I smiled at the memories. Now.. She had fallen and there was no bed of leaves to catch her fall, nothing.. No one to catch her. We hadn't spoken in months and we hadn't seen each other in years since she had moved out of the house.

She needed support in her search for strength and a new start. She needed me now more than ever. I looked over at her and smiled. "Hey," I took her hand in mine. "I'm here.. It's okay to cry.." I whispered. She leaped from her swing and clung to me. She cried hard, harder than that time I ate her pudding. I rested my head on top of her and patted her back.

---------------------------------------------
Leave me your thoughts in the comments~ Vote and request!~

Also don't forget to check out my other books!

Reach out to me in the comments or pm me here .

Kik me on kik : illcey

Follow me on instagram : illcey