Chapter 2

Someone cleared their throat, causing our peaceful, getting back together, moment to be ruined. "Enough hugging, Martha," the person said. "You have jobs to do, and that doesn't mean to hug your boyfriend for a long while."

I groaned and opened one eye to see Tansuke looking at me before looking at people behind me, and I knew that he was cautious about my siblings. "Five more minutes?" I asked, still clinging onto my boyfriend. I had stopped sobbing so much as I did and just wanted to hold onto him to make sure that he was actually there.

Matt chuckled and nuzzled me before stepping out of my hug, causing me to grumble. He made me turn around before putting his head on my shoulder, keeping as much contact with me as possible.

I bowed my head to Tansuke. "Tansuke," I greeted. "I thought I was dreaming when I saw your red coat." I leaned against Matt, not wanting to leave just yet. Sure, I was a bit pissed that Matt hadn't called, but he had to have a reason. Right?

"We thought it would be for the best that Rangok and I thought it would be best to merge the herds together," he said, probably saying the reason as to why Matt hadn't called. "It will help us make sure that there are not that many attacks happening here, because of the about of Horsins that are around."

I bit the inside of my cheek, feeling guilty. "There still will be attacks on us," I said. "The Dark Forces have been busy attacking us, and I can't be in different places at once. Trust me, that would be cool."

Tansuke nodded. "And these are..?" He glanced at my siblings, his whole body tense.

I followed his gaze and saw John watching us with a smirk on his face. I glared at him because I knew that he knew that they were going to be moving here and didn't tell me. "The one with the beard is the oldest brother, John." I pointed him out, causing him to nod in greeting. "The female on Mal is Julie, his girlfriend. If you have a problem with that, then come talk to me." I nudged Matt when he started to chew on my hair. "And the wolf sitting beside John is my twin, Brody."

Tansuke nodded his head. "I'm sure that you will meet the rest some other time. I had to try and make sure that everyone didn't crowd around us as well as get them settled in," he said. He glanced at me and smirked. "I'm not used to many Wolves interconnecting with the herd, but I do not have a problem with Julie and Mal dating, just like I don't have a problem with you or Matt dating."

I nodded my head, feeling relaxed and grateful that he didn't have a problem with them dating. "All right," I said. "Well, I think that is everything, now if you'll excuse me, I want to hang out with my boyfriend." I moved towards his back, ready to hop on.

"Not so fast, Martha," John said just as I was about to hop on. "It's your turn to get groceries." He tossed me keys to the truck, causing me to yelp and groan.

"But Johnnnnnn," I groaned. "It's my boyfriend." I pouted.

Matt snorted and nuzzled me. "We'll hang out later. We don't want your parents to be mad at me, do we," he teased.

I bit back a snort and rolled my eyes. "Whatever," I grumbled. I started to move away when Matt grabbed the back of my shirt. I turned and raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"You and me tomorrow... alone..." He glanced at Brody who snorted and rolled his eyes. "And the best burger joint in town."

I smirked. "All right, but we can't have a food fight. Patrick and Arabella are having a party for pups tomorrow, and the pups are messy..." I shuddered remembering the mess that they did at my house when I had them help with baking. "Let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight." I saw his lost look. "Don't worry, there is a room that we can go in, and we won't have to deal with them."

Matt bobbed his head. "I'll see you later then."

I grinned and waved before heading towards my truck. "Let's hope that Mom makes steak tonight," I said, causing Brody to bark happily.