Chapter 66

I walked into my room and smiled at a dozing Matt, who was clutching a pillow in his grasp. I walked to my dresser while Brody hopped into bed with my mate and laid down beside him.

"Martha," my mate said sleepily and grabbed Brody. He planted a kiss on Brody's face before his eyes shot open, and he pulled away from my brother.

"Eeeew!" both exclaimed, and I had to bite my lip to keep myself from laughing.

"The fuck?" Matt asked and wiped his mouth.

Brody hopped off the bed and wiped his face on the floor. "Eew, eew, eew," he said. "Why did you do that for?"

"I thought you were Martha," Mike said and wiped his mouth some more. "Of course, I want to kiss my mate."

"Your mate is getting clothes for a shower," I said, and I couldn't help the laugh that came out of my mouth.

Matt looked at me and scowled. Amusement filled his eyes, and I could tell that he was pleased I had laughed. "I can see that, now," he said sarcastically, and I smiled. "Why didn't you go onto the bed?"

"Because I need to take a shower," I replied. "I stink."

"You really do," Brody said. "Did you even put on deodorant today?"

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up," I said. "You watched me put on some more before working out with Shardul."

"It wore off."

I rolled my eyes again. "Very funny," I said dryly, and he shrugged.

"Well, I want a kiss because I don't think you smell that bad," Matt said. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Please, don't," Brody groaned and covered his eyes with his paw. "I don't need to see anymore kissing."

I flipped him off while I wrapped my arms around my mate's neck. I placed a gentle kiss on his lips before I pulled away. "I do have to shower and go to bed," I said. "I had a long day today and gave a long day tomorrow."

Matt nodded. "After all of this is done, then you and I are going on a date. Understood."

I nodded. "Of course," I said. I placed another kiss on his lips. "I'll meet you back in bed, ok?"

Matt nodded before he raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Or, I could join you..."

I smiled and shook my head. "Not yet, you can't," I said. "Dad would kill you, and I'd let him," I teased.

Matt gasped, and I grinned. "Rude," he said, and I shrugged. "Why would you let him do that?"

"Because I am mean," I said. I placed another kiss on his lips. "I love you," I whispered.

Matt smiled and kissed me back. "I love you, too," he said. "Now, go take your shower and then join me."

I nodded and walked into the bathroom with my clothes.

"I love you and all, but I don't swing that way," Brody said while I closed the door.

"Shut up," my mate said. "It was an accident."

"Uh huh, sure."

"Just... shut up."

I smiled and shook my head before I closed the door to the bathroom and got undressed.

Thank Gods for a crazy family. It meant that there was never a dull moment in this household.

***

I got out of the shower and looked at my phone, annoyed. I had been trying to listen to calming music while I took a shower, but it kept getting interrupted about every second by someone texting me.

I didn't read through all of the text messages when I looked at my phone and only read the last message that the person sent.

It said, Are you dead? Why aren't you answering your texts?

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. No, I replied. I am not dead. I was taking a shower. Who is this? How did you get my number?

It didn't take long for the person on the other end and to message me back and said, pic?

I sent the person the finger emoji and received a smirk emoji back.

It doesn't matter how I got your number, the person replied. Just know that an ally between us got it and gave it to me.

I huffed and rolled my eyes. That didn't answer the question as to who you are.

My phone dinged when the person on the other end replied. You know who I am. I can't say it over text.

I raised an eyebrow in question. I had a feeling that I knew who it could be, but I couldn't think of who would give him my number. Doesssss thisssss ring a bell? I asked and smirked when I received a deadpanned look from the person.

Very funny, the person said, and I had a feeling that it was Ryan. I need you to meet at that building as soon as possible. It's urgent. I need you to come alone.

I groaned and closed my eyes, annoyed. I debated on whether or not to even go. I was tired, and I knew that I needed sleep, but I knew that I needed information, too, especially from him. Can't this wait until morning and not, I checked the time on my clock before I groaned again when I saw the time, two?

No.

I huffed and rolled my eyes before I pursed my lips. Geez, you're so bossy even in text messages. I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose. Fine, but I am coming locked and loaded. I hope you know that.

I grabbed a towel and started to dry myself off before I placed on my sports bra and underwear. I was grateful that I normally wore a sports bra to bed because there was a chance that I needed to go somewhere in the middle of the night and needed to be as ready as I could be.

A ding from my phone pulled me away from pulling on my t-shirt, and I looked at the text and saw that it said, I wouldn't have it any other way.