Chapter 15

I sat up with a silent scream trying to escape my mouth, but no sound was to be heard. My whole body shook as I tried to keep quiet, not wanting to wake up the sleeping male beside me nor at my feet.

I rubbed my face and was surprised to find it wet from tears. I had no idea what I had dreamed about, but I knew that it was something bad. It had to be for me to cry, or someone close to me had to have died.

"Martha?" a groggy voice asked, sitting up beside me. Warm arms wrapped around me and pulled me close to the person. Their scent filled my nostrils, and I took in their scent to calm me. "Hey, what happened? Are you crying?"

I turned around and clutched my mate closer to me, taking a deep breath. My whole body relaxed because his scent was familiar to me as my family. I knew that I was safe and that he would be there for me when I felt down. "Un-huh, I don't know why though," I said honestly. "I had a nightmare, but I forgot it."

Matt kissed the top of my head and moved a hand through my hair, soothing me. He didn't say a word, and I was grateful because I didn't really want to talk. I wanted to be loved, held, and shown that someone was willing to have my back when I was weak.

I sighed and closed my eyes, grateful when the tears finally stopped. I felt guilty that I got his shirt wet, but I knew that he wouldn't mind. "I need to get ready," I mumbled, pulling away from my mate. "Shardul is waiting for me."

"Take a shower and calm down a bit. We can leave afterward." He held his hand, stopping me from talking. "I will take you there and pick you up when you are done. Mom does want me to go home for dinner, so I can go back to my place when I drop you off."

"Bu-"

"If it makes you feel any better, I will take Brody with me. Carter has been asking about him and you." He smirked and leaned closer to me, his minty breath filling my nostrils. His nose was close to mine, and all I wanted him to do was kiss me. "That means I will have to spend the rest of the night at your place after training because I know that you will not want me to drive home afterward."

"And what about you?" I mumbled. I looked at his lips before looking into the eyes that I had fallen in love with. "What about your bed?"

"It's not as comfortable as yours," he admitted, "and I don't like being away from you for too long."

I took a deep breath, relaxing. I was glad that I wasn't the only one feeling like that and was not considered the "clingy girlfriend." I knew that there were sometimes that we needed to be apart, but it was hard.

Matt looked at me with such love and passion that I could feel it as he moved a strand of hair behind my ear. "I will try not to get hurt," he said softly, putting a kiss on my forehead.

"But what if..."

"Then, you can kick my ass," Matt said. "And save it."

I rolled my eyes and leaned in for another kiss when a groan stopped me.

"For the love of all that is holy, will you please stop with the kissing? It is bad enough that I have to hear Julie's and Mal's moaning when they think that they are alone," my brother groaned, and I didn't need to look at him to know that he covered his eyes.

I kicked my brother off the bed before pecking my mate's lips. I knew that he would fight me on taking him or not every step of the way, so I caved. "If you or my brother gets hurt, then I will kick your ass," I threatened.

"After you save it, of course," Matt chuckled. He gestured towards the bathroom, ignoring the fact that my brother jumped in between us. "Go wash up. We'll be leaving as soon as you are done."

I nodded and took a deep breath. I didn't know what tonight would hold for me, and I prayed that Marcus wouldn't try anything stupid. I was already in a bad mood, and I didn't want to take it out on him...