Chapter 3

I pulled into Wesley's Groceries, the only grocery store that we had in our town. We didn't have one of those big stores, like Wal-Mart or Kroger but had a small family owned/family run store that sold many things, like groceries as well as clothes.

The closest mall was about two hours away, so most of the people here just got their clothes from here as well as Mama's Boutique which had different clothes for different occasions. They even sold shirts and jeans, so I was happy because I didn't really want to wear dresses all the time.

"You're going to need the collar and leash on," I said to Brody, causing him to groan. I couldn't help but agree with him, because I hated having the collar and leash on him. But, I was supposed to because it was the law.

"Do I have to?" he complained. He pouted, giving me his best puppy dog look, which didn't work for me.

"Yes," I replied in the same tone. I mock pouted, causing him to roll his eyes. "If you want to go in there with me."

Brody huffed. He turned around and grabbed the leash and collar from the back. "Fine," he grumbled dropping it in my lap. "You owe me."

"I'll get you some dog biscuits," I teased, causing him to growl playfully. I slipped the collar over his head, making sure that it was not too snug before hopping out of my truck. I had grabbed the grocery bag underneath the driver's seat, knowing that my mother had placed a list of what she needed in it. She, also, didn't want to have more grocery bags than we already had.

Brody jumped out and shook out his fur, causing the dog tags to jingle. "I hate this," he grumbled, following me into the shop. He glared at the leash that was attached to my wrist, staying by my side. "I want to kill it."

"I know," I replied. "Hey Yosemite," I said, grinning at the thirty-year-old male.

Wesley Sam Wyatt Jr. was his name, but I called him Yosemite because he was named after his father. And, he had a mustache beard that did look like Yosemite Sam. Unfortunately, he had shaved off the beard part and made his mustache to look like some Italian dude, because it was "fashionable".

"It's, Sam," he said, playfully glaring at me. "I thought we had this conversation before, Martha." He leaned against the counter and looked at me, a smirk on his face.

I shrugged. "We did," I replied. "I just like Yosemite better."

"But I cut off my beard two weeks ago," he complained. "Can't you come up with something different?"

I looked at him, giving him a 'really' look. "Do you want to be called Luigi then?" I asked. "I mean, that is what your mustache looks like."

He grimaced and rubbed a hand over his mustache. "What would happen if I shaved off the mustache? What would you call me then?" He grinned, and I could tell that he thought he had had me.

I smiled, glad that I thought of an answer if he did. "Babyface," I replied, causing him to groan and move a hand through his hair.

"What is it that you need, so I can send you out of here, Dumb Butt?" he teased, narrowing his eyes at me.

I gasped, placing a hand over my mouth. "Oh my goodness," I said. "How rude." I narrowed my eyes and glared playfully. "It's even ruder than you not telling me that my boyfriend was moving to town."

Sam chuckled and held up his hands in mock defeat. "Uncle Adrich said that Matt wanted to surprise you," he said. "Now, do you need anything from back here?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Ummmm." I pulled the grocery list from the bag and grinned seeing that there were two lists. One was for me and one was for Sam to get from behind the shop. "Ya." I handed him the list that had his name on it. "Do you want me to keep the bag up here so you can put stuff in it or no?"

"Keep the bag up here. I think your mother placed the envelope with money in it, yes?"

I nodded my head and placed the bag on the counter. "I'm gonna go get what else she needs, so I'll be back." I started to go towards the frozen section.

"Don't break anything," Sam warned. "I had to stay up later than usual to clean up the mess that you did."

I turned around to look back at him. I held one finger as if to say 'hold that thought.' "Correction, that was Nick's fault. Then he made us leave because he was scared of your father. Still is actually."

Sam barked out laughing. "I'll tell my dad that."

"Just don't tell my brother that I told you." I grinned when Sam laughed some more and turned around, not wanting to run over someone.  

______________________________________________

A/N: So, how do you like Sam? We'll be seeing more of him. Anyways, what do ya'll think will happen?

As always, please don't forget to vote/comment. I still give out dedications to those who have commented.

The limit is for two chapters if you comment on chapters. If you want more, then make a cover if you want. I don't know if I want to do something else or not...

Peace out Fluffy Munchkins,

Rissa