Chapter 18

"I was trying to help you, Almair," the female tiger snarled, glaring at me. She flicked her tail in annoyance, and I raised an eyebrow in question. "And what do you do? You pulled my tail to stop from attacking the fucking Second. Why the fuck would you do that?"

"To make you stop fighting for me," I replied, scolding softly. "I already had a Horsin do it, and with the Leader's permission, I would like to do it myself." I glanced around to see a couple of tigers had walked onto the path and saw a "high ranking" tiger, whom I was sure was Shardul, looking at me.

"Come on, Almair's don't ask for permission," Marcus taunted, and I looked at him. He flicked his tail back and forth as he started to circle around me. "Why are you, Almair? I thought you were an animal."

I widened my eyes in mock shock. "Am I really that bad that you have to label me as an... animal?" I asked, putting a hand over my heart and acting faint. "Oh, Gods, what will my mother think?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "I can shift into two animal forms; of course, I am an animal."

"What about an animal underneath the sheets?" a male tiger called out. "Are you an animal under them?" There was a sound of growling, and another tiger attacked him. "Ow, Mom, what was that for?"

My face turned a bit red. I was still a virgin, which wasn't that surprising because I never had a boyfriend. And, I wasn't really to... have sex with my mate. I wanted to get at least my training done before then. "If I shift into a wolf and crawl underneath my sheets, then I am," I replied. "For what you are saying, I have no clue and do not plan on finding out with you."

"What? So, he is not good enough for you?" Marcus asked, and I growled in warning.

"No, I have a mate," I snapped, baring my teeth at him. I glanced at Shardul, and Shardul nodded. "So, do you want to have a go or not? I mean, I am injured, so it should be easy for you."

"And what? Are you going to leave this place and not come back if I win?" Marcus asked. He grinned, and I frowned. "That would be so thoughtful of you because we do not want you here."

"If you win, then I will leave you and Mrs. Vanessa alone. I will not go to your house and babysit your children. I will have no contact with you, your mate, nor your children." I did not look at Mrs. Vanessa when I said that, not wanting to see her flinch. My heart ached because I really wanted to be at that house and ensure that Mrs. Vanessa would stay alive. "I can not leave this area because the last time I did, I almost didn't survive."

"I can live with that," Marcus said. He grinned, his razor sharp teeth glistening in the moonlight. He took a threatening step forward, and I shifted my weight ever so slightly. "You sure that you want to do that? As you said, you are injured."

I shrugged. "It wouldn't be the first time," I replied. I followed his path, keeping my body relaxed. I was at a slight disadvantage, but it wasn't because I was injured. No, the slight disadvantage was the fact that he razors for claws.

Shardul moved in between us, and Marcus growled out in annoyance. He glared at the Second, and he submitted to him. "We will move into the clearing, where she was supposed to meet us," he narrowed his eyes, and I shrugged indifferently.

"And why not do it here?" Marcus asked, flicking his tail in annoyance. He wanted me to leave them alone and get this battle done. He didn't care that he was basically asking Shardul to attack him.

"Because," Shardul said, narrowing his eyes at the other male. Annoyance came off of him in waves, and I was sure that he would have attacked him if it wasn't for me. "You are not the commander. And, it would be easier for the clan to see the Almair fight."