Chapter 8

"So, how are you two going to sleep?" Mike asked. He leaned on his knees and looked at us, smirking.

"Ya, do we have to hear any moans and groans?" Nick asked.

"There better not," Dad commented, walking into the living room from the kitchen. He scowled at how close Matt and I were next to each other but didn't comment on it.

"Says the one that has been having sex with Mom and making nine kids," I shot back. "I am surprised that there aren't any little Johnson's running around."

Dad looked at the six of us in the living room and winked, smirking. "There will be if your mom stops the birth control."

I scrunched my face together as the twins groaned. "TMI, Dad," I said, and he laughed before he walked back to the kitchen.

"Well, you did say something," Faolon mused. He leaned back in his chair and studied us.

"Yes, but he didn't have to answer like that," I said, snuggling into my mate's side. "I don't need to know what they are doing in the bedroom."

"Ya, and you will not be doing it either, Martha," Nick said, and Mike nodded. "I can not believe that our baby sister has someone before us." He sniffled and wiped a fake tear from his eyes, and I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"If it makes you feel any better, Carter started to have a girlfriend when he was six," Matt said, putting his arm around me. "They broke it off because Carter said that the girl was too clingy for him." He shrugged his shoulder. "They are still hanging out, and I think that they might be a couple one day."

"Young love," I said, mockingly, and my brothers snorted. I placed my hand over my heart and fluttered my eyebrows together. "Speaking of which..." I turned to look at Nick and smirked. "You sure you aren't hiding something from us?"

Nick shifted in his seat and looked away from me. Nervousness and fear filled his eyes and face, and I could tell that he did not want others to know what I know. "I don't think so," he replied, pulling at the collar of his shirt.

"You know, I do want some burgers. Too bad we can't go on a date now." I glanced at my mate, raising an eyebrow.

"Such a shame," Matt replied, shaking his head. "But you and I are staying here and eating with your family and Alpha."

"I still want to know the sleeping arrangements," Nick said, glancing down before looking back at us. "I mean, are you two going to share a bed?"

I shrugged. "It depends on what our parents say," I replied. I didn't look at John because I knew that he knew that I hadn't been sleeping well. My body craved to be with my mate, and his scent hasn't been helping me any.

"Well, if it is all right with her parents, then I would like to sleep in the same room as her. My mom said that it would be fine as long as we did not do the nasty," Matt said, shrugging his shoulder. "I hadn't been sleeping well."

"Awww, so cute," Julie said, sarcastically coming into the living room with Mal. "Why do you sleep well when I am away?"

Mal grimaced and rubbed his side where Julie elbowed him. "Because I love sleep just as much as Martha. But, unlike her, I am not "mated" to you."

Julie gasped and placed her hand over her heart. Her eyes were wide, but I could see the amusement and merriment in them. "What do you mean by that?" she seethed, narrowing her eyes at her boyfriend.

Mal gulped and looked at us. His eyes were wide, and I could tell that he was thinking that he was in deep trouble. "Uh... I love you?" he asked, glancing at the ground. He shifted on his feet when Julie didn't say anything, and we silently chuckled at his misfortune.