Chapter 6

I walked towards the parking lot, the baby in my arms. A deep scowl was on my face, and I knew that I was going to give Faolon a piece of my mind. I mean, I thought we were done with all of the "hiding stuff from Martha" when he decided to take me as his apprentice, to one day lead the clan.

A huff escaped my tight lips, causing the baby to coo and gurgle a bit. Her soft brown eyes started into my blue, looking like soft chocolate. Curiosity and trust lit her eyes, sparking my curiosity of thinking that she knew what I was, even though she didn't know about the secret of the magical world around her.

"Yes, Officer," I heard her mother say, breaking me from the staring contest with the baby. "A female with blonde hair and blue eyes chased after the guy that stole my child. I did not ask her to do it, nor did I plan this "abduction"." Annoyance filled her mother's voice, and I knew that I had to pick up my pace to stop a fight between them.

"Do you know the person that kidnapped your daughter?" someone asked, while I broke out of the trees to see two Halfton, one a Wolf and the other a Horse, officers "harassing" her.

"I believe that Mrs. Vanessa did not know the kidnapper's name, nor did she set this up," I said, interrupting the woman that was about to speak up.

The three jumped and looked at me, the two officers bowing their heads because of the deathly glare I was sending their way. "Almair," the two muttered under their breath, showing their necks to me in a sigh of submission.

I sent out a warning growl before handing Courtney over to her mother. I turned to look at the Halftons, annoyed with their behavior towards the Tiger woman. "I believe that Mrs. Vanessa needs an apology, don't you two agree?" I cocked an eyebrow and folded my arms across my chest.

"But, don't you realize tha-"

"I realize that she is a person," I replied, interrupting the male from my clan. "I realize that she has feelings and doesn't need to be walked over."

"Bu-"

"There are no buts. You do not discriminate because of what or how she is. What would you do if someone discriminates against your wife because of what she is?" I looked at both men, feeling rather impatient.

"I'd kill him," the Horse Halfton said, causing the Wolf Halfton to nod in agreement.

"You two need to think about your actions. What you are doing is wrong. You would kill someone if they discriminate against your wife, so what makes her husband any different?"

Both looked down and shifted on their feet. They knew what I said was true, even though I knew that there might be some complications with their marriage. "We're sorry," they mumbled.

"I am going to have a talk Matthew and Colt. This shit needs to stop. We have a greater enemy and shouldn't have to fight against each." I paused and looked at them. "Now, for your punishment for harassing and discriminating against Mrs. Vanessa, you both will not be able to go to your designated place for a week." I held my hand to stop them from protesting. "Be glad that I am letting you talk to your families and friends. If you want, I can add that to your punishment."

Both of their eyes widen, and I could tell that they knew I would do it. "NO!" they both exclaimed. "We'll take the punishment as it is," the Wolf Halfton said, causing the Horse Halfton to nod.

I bit back a smirk, knowing that I could change the way that people interact with each other. "The subject in question had escaped by dropping the child into the gorge about 6 miles away. I will see if I can't find him again. Also, can you ask Matthew to meet me at my house?" I asked.

The Horse Halfton, Officer George, frowned. Confusion filled his eyes because there were two Matthews now that I interact with. "Wait, which one?"

I bit back a chuckle and pointed to Officer Merist, the Wolf Halfton. "The older one. I am mad at my boyfriend."

Officer George smirked. "Wasn't his fault," he said, knowing as to why I was mad at him. "But, I will send him over with some chocolate."

I grinned and nodded my head because I liked the idea of Matt getting me chocolate. "I think that will be the best. Tell him that he is in trouble with my dad for making me cry."

"Wait... what?" Vanessa asked, looking between the three of us. Confusion filled her eyes, and I knew why she was confused. She hadn't known that there were people dating from other clans.

"My boyfriend is from a different background than I," I said. "We've been dating for six months, most of it being over the phone. He just moved here."

Vanessa nodded her head, hesitantly. "Well, I need to get going. Thank you for your help." She bowed her head in respect and walked to her van with the child in her arms.

I watched as she left and sighed, rubbing the bridge of my nose. "Get me information about her and her husband. I think there are some things that need to be checked."

They both nodded before going back to their police car.

I watched as everyone left before turning back towards the grocery shop. Worry filled my body because I had no idea what would happen and even if I could save her.

***

"What was that all about?" Sam asked when I walked back into the shop.

"Random guy took a child away from her mother and I had to rescue her," I replied. "Then both cops harassed the mother, and I scared the cops," I replied, taking the bag with all the groceries. I shrugged. "My job is never done."

Sam snorted and handed me the change. "Is there anything that I need to know?"

"Ya, you harass another person, then you get kicked out of the designated area for a week," I replied, bluntly. "Don't worry, I will be doing the same thing for myself too."

Sam nodded. "I'll spread the word around. Now, get out of my shop."

I narrowed my eyes at him, teasingly. "Fuck you," I said, walking away from the counter.

"That is what my hand is for," Sam yelled after me, causing me to bark out laughing.