Chapter Four: Sexual Tension (Setekh)

I barely felt the water as it cascaded down my body. My skin, my nerves, were too numb to even register the fact that I was wet and hot. As I watched Bane leave the locker room, my wolf howled in protest that our mate had left us both alone. The rest of the class had already left by the time I shut off the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. I opened my locker and pulled out my gym bag where inside was my jeans and T-shirt and a freshly folded pair of training clothes. Afterwards, I slung my bag over my shoulder and headed for the elevator that would surely take me up to the surface.

I passed by Jake as he opened the door for me, giving him a firm nod in return as I entered the high school's gymnasium. The sweet, tantalizing smell of my mate ignited my senses while leaving behind in his wake, a clear trail that would surely lead me right to him.

The afternoon bell for lunch rang loudly throughout the school by the time I entered the common's area where the rest of the pack was waiting for me. Eric, my second in command, approached me as he came to stand by my side. The rest of the pack barely said a word as they watched the humans run through the halls like a stampede of wild horses. Some pushed while others shoved their way to the front of the line. Just as I waved at the pack to follow me to our usual table, I caught sight of my mate making his way through the crowd just before he slipped through the double doors and out the back toward the student parking lot.

I wanted to follow him, to be near him, to spend as much time as I possibly could away from the prying eyes of the other students. I watch him walk past a few cars before turning left and disappearing from view. But that didn't stop me from hearing his sense of direction even without my supernatural sight. The familiar sound of a car's security system chirped as a car door opened and closed but no engine was running. I frowned when I didn't hear him move again except for the faint scratching of a pen being put to paper. The rest of the pack filed in as they took their seats with their plastic trays filled with food.

Eric sat beside me as he watched me not moving and definitely not eating. We Ulfheobar's need blood to survive on a weekly basis. But that doesn't mean we can't act human and eat normal food to be able to blend in like the rest of them. I tilt my head to the side in hopes that I would be able to hear better but still I heard the sound of a pen and paper connecting with each other. It irritated me to no end that I couldn't see what he was doing, much less wanting to be with him at this very moment. Not wanting to waste any more time, I shoved myself out of my chair and made my way to the doors that lead to the outside.

It didn't take long before I came around the hood of a beat up old Chevy truck that I spotted Bane in the driver seat of a very expensive sports car. He didn't even look up as I approached the driver side window and tapped on the glass, causing him to jump.

"Hi there. What are you doing out here all by yourself?"

"Nothing really. Just needed a few minutes to myself. Can I help you with something?"

"Well, I came out here because I noticed you didn't sit with any of the other students."

"I prefer to eat in silence. It's a little thing I do."

He unclicked his pen before placing it in between the pages of his journal and wrapped it up with its thin leather strap. He looked at me then with his perfect mismatched eyes as he licked his lips. A growl originated from my chest as I wanted to be the one to moisturize those lips of his. He truly was beautiful like a porcelain doll who seem too fragile to be touched by unwanted hands. My eyes tracked his limbs as they moved and stretched corresponding with the motor function inside his brain. Oh, Wolf Mother, what I wouldn't give to be able to touch him at this very moment.

He reached for his bag as I took a step back and waited for him to lock up the car again. When he spoke his voice was that of an angel.

"It was nice talking to you, Setekh. But I think I'm gonna go now. See you around."