Chapter Six: Naughty Thoughts (Setekh)

A kiss. So simple, so elegant, it burned through my veins like a thousand red hot suns. It was though time had stood still between us as our lips fused together and danced around in sync. The kiss deepened as I tighten my hold on Bane and slipped my tongue into his eager awaiting mouth that had him moaning in no time and me with a massive hard on. Bane was everything to me. Like a breath of fresh air, he was the key to my heart. But suddenly I began to taste blood as it mingled with the saliva on my tongue where it caused a chain reaction to allow my fangs to lengthen without even thinking.

My muscles reacted quickly as I pulled away sharply and almost dented the passenger side of my jeep as I braced myself against the door and breathed heavily through my mouth. Bane appeared to be flustered by what just happened as he tried to steady himself and wiped the evidence from his perfect lips. I closed my eyes for a moment as I snapped my jaw shut and willed myself to remain in human form. After a minute, I reopened my eyes and was surprised to see Bane still standing in front of me when I half expected him to turn the other way and run for his car. But as I reached out to touch his cheek, a rain drop splattered against my skin as it fell from the heavens.

Lightning flashed across the sky as Bane took off at a dead run and waved goodbye before hopping in his car and driving away. I stood there like a fool getting drenched as I watched my mate go down the street and turn right, heading out of town. I wanted to follow him. To see where he lived. But mainly it was because I wanted to see him home safely. I tried to listen to his sense of direction, but the storm looming overheard distorted my hearing making it hard for me to even get a clear lock on him. Growling in defeat, I was forced to trust my instincts and wait until tomorrow to see how he felt about the kiss.

I got in my car and started the engine as I peeled out onto the street and drove like a madman back to the Ulfheobar compound. The many twist and turns of the gravel road proved to be no more than a blur to me until I came to a dead stop in front of my parent's house, as I got out and walked inside, slamming the front door behind me. I was too hyper to even notice the familiar scent of my mother's cooking coming from the kitchen as I stepped into the room. She glanced over her shoulder as she placed the last plate on the table and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before grabbing an ice cold beer from the fridge.

My legs became wobbly as I collapsed in my father's chair at the foot of the table and ran my fingers through my hair as I sighed with frustration.

"What's wrong, Setekh?" My mother asked.

"It's nothing, Mom. I'm just tired that's all."

"Don't lie to me. I can smell there's something off about you. Now what is it?"

"My mate. I kissed him."

A crystal glass vase filled with a beautiful assortment of flowers, slipped through my mother's delicate fingers and crashed to the floor, shattering into a million pieces. My eyes snapped up to meet her's as we stared at each other for what felt like an eternity. As she opened her mouth to speak, no sound came out at all. Just a breath of cool air that brushed against her lips. She still so stunned by what I had said that it took her a while before she finally made her way over to the table and sat down.

"When did this start?"

"Twenty minutes ago, near the center of town. I wasn't even counting on it Mom, it just sort of happened."

"This mate of yours, who is he?"

"Bane. Bane Hawthorne."

My mother's eyes nearly popped out of her head when she heard the name. Grabbing my hand firmly, she spoke in a hush voice just out of ear shot of my father who was in his private study just down the hall.