Chapter Seventeen: Nightly Patrol (Setekh)

With lips as sweet as candy, and skin as soft as satin. Everything about my mate just made me want him even more. His body stirred underneath my muscular frame as it shivered with delight that brought a devilish grin to my face. I kissed his neck, his cheek, his nose and then finally his lips. A growl sounded within my chest as he squealed, trying to get away from me, but I wouldn't let him. He was mine for the taking and no one was going to take that away from me. As we spent the rest of the morning fooling around, I paused slightly as I heard someone coming up the driveway.

"What is it?" Bane asked, catching his breath. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. Just my mother coming over to see if you're still alive," I winked.

He laughed, his cheeks turning red. "Well...hardly."

In a flash, I leaped off the bed and pulled on a pair of running shorts before taking one last look at my mate and heading downstairs to answer the door. Her hair was down, resting on top of her slim shoulders. While her lavish outfit made her look like she going to a cocktail party with some of the other female members of the pack. She stood on the front porch as a gentle breeze rolled in behind her, while her lilac perfume caused me to sneeze. She laughed as she apologized and hoped that it wasn't too strong of a scent.

"Mother. To what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"

"I just wanted to stop by and see if my nephew was still alive."

"Don't worry he is. He's in my bedroom getting dressed as we speak."

"Excellent. Oh, I almost forget. Your father wishes for you to lead the patrol this evening." She held up her hand as I made the motion to try and protest my way out of it. "No buts. If you're to be the future leader of this pack, then you need to start taking charge and maintaining the patrol routes and securing the boundaries that surround our borders."

"Very well, Mother. But first I must feed my mate. Tell father I'll be with him and the others shortly."

Bowing her head, she said, "Bane is an excellent match for you, Setekh. I can see it in his eyes. He really does love you know. He just needs time to see it."

Placing a soft kiss on her forehead I watched her turn around and walk away as I waited until I couldn't see her anymore before the shutting the door. The sound of dishes clattering followed by a few pieces of food falling into a ceramic bowl, lead me straight to the kitchen where I found Bane sitting on the marble island with a bowl of cereal in one hand and a spoon hanging from his mouth. Shit!

He looked so damn edible sitting there wearing nothing but his underwear and one of my oversized shirts. But the urge to lay him down right on that counter and ravish him was becoming too great and too strong for me to control. I had to do something to get my mind off it.

"You couldn't wait five minutes?" I asked walking up to him.

"Sorry," he muffled, his mouth full of food.

"What are you eating?"

"Captain Crunch cereal."

I stood in front of him with one hand on each side as I leaned into him. "Can I have a bite?"

"Sure."

He dipped the spoon into the bowl, scooping up the last few pieces as he carefully brought it to my mouth before quickly finishing it off for himself. The nerve! But the sound of Bane's laughter as it reverberated throughout the kitchen even as I stood there with a shocked look on my face, made my heart swell. I regained my composure after that as I took the bowl from his hands and pressed his lips to mine as I slipped my tongue into his eagerly awaiting mouth. I never wanted anyone so much in my entire life. When the kiss ended twenty minutes later, I placed a small one on his forehead as I mentioned that I had to go on a run with tonight's patrol.