Chapter Thirty-Two: Rebirth (Bane)

Part Three

I waited until I regained enough strength before sliding off the bed and staggering my way into the master bathroom as I turned on the light and braced myself against the door for support. I closed the door, but not fully and walked over to the dual sinks as I bravely glanced at myself in the mirror. Ugh, I looked like hell! Not that I was bruised or anything like that, but my face looked like it just went through a wind tunnel.

I splashed some cold water on me and used the facilities before I emerged and saw Setekh sitting up in bed with the sheet draped over his midsection, but left his legs free and clear. The candles still burned but dimly now as I took a moment to relish in the afterglow that was called sex. Soon enough he caught me staring as he smiled, flashing me a set of pearly white teeth with fangs that were as long as they were sharp.

"What are you looking at?" He asked.

"You," I admitted. "My God, you're beautiful."

"Correction: You're beautiful. Come here."

With his hand outstretched, I walked over to him and straddled his lap. He kissed my stomach, my chest, and my nipples all while causing my head to roll back and let out a subtle moan. Then he grasped the back of my neck and forced me to look at him before he kissed me tenderly on the lips. My tongue slipped in ever so gently as Setekh growled deep within but not before I took his face in my hands.

"So—I guess this is then," I said.

"What do you mean?"

"This is the part where you get ready to turn me, isn't?"

"I see. And how do you feel about that?"

He traced my bottom lip with his thumb. "Excited and a little nervous. Is it going to hurt?"

"Not the way I do it, little one. But the transformation will be excruciatingly painful."

My heart pounded wildly in my chest as I saw his fangs again. "Can you tell me what you're going to be doing?"

He stared deep into my eyes as if carefully considering his choice of words on what he was going to say next.

"In order for the transformation to come about, I need to bite you. It'll only last for about a minute giving the virus enough time to work its way through your system. Once that happens, your body will start to change and it will hurt a lot. But you mustn't fight the change no matter what happens. Do you understand?" My face must've turned white because I felt Setekh start to shake me gently. "Bane, did I shock you?"

I shook my head. "No. Sorry. I was just trying to wrap my mind it."

"Don't do that baby. You need to keep a clear mind."

I sucked in a shaky breath. "I'll try."

He took me in his arms then, cradling me like an infant, his fingers pressed deep into my flesh as if to keep my entire body in check. Our chests become one as he leaned down, his lips going straight for the curvature of my neck. I pictured his fangs scraping along the surface of the skin, pinching gently and then drawing blood. I ranked my fingers through his hair as I tried to calm myself down, but I knew it would be no use. When he spoke, I nearly jumped at the words brushing along my collarbone.

"Are you ready to begin your new life by my side?"

I swallowed hard. "Yes. I'd go anywhere with you."

The instant his fangs swiftly pierced the skin, my whole body collapsed, paralyzed by the sting. I kept my eyes opened the entire time and watched the candles dance and burn as the wax dripped onto the floor, becoming hard. The end result only lasted for a minute just like Setekh said; when in reality it felt like an eternity. And when he withdrew his fangs the puncture wounds seemed enormous though still lined with pain.

Then the tension in his arms loosened up a bit as I came face to face with his beautiful eyes and dashing smile. Even as I lay here, I felt as they something was alive and living, crawling inside of me. But what's worse was the blinding pain that took me completely by surprise. The pain came hard and fast. Tackling me like a linebacker on the fifty-yard line.

I doubled over, clutching at my sides, while somehow wrestling myself free from Setekh's embrace as I flopped around on the mattress. My cries shot up and out until my throat turned red.

"What's...happening...to me?" I said.

"The transformation has begun," he replied, touching my forehead. "This too will pass."

I cried out again, wishing desperately for the pain to end. Suddenly death seemed like the better option at this point. My bones felt like they were on fire as the joints popped and snapped, breaking and mending over and over again. I turned to look at Setekh as I tried to make out his handsome features in the hopes that seeing him would help take my mind off it. Instead, my vision dimmed and went out before coming back. Sweat covered my entire body, soaking the sheets.

I gritted my teeth as I arched my back and...oh! My heart surged upward as if it had a mind of its own. Though I wasn't sure how long it would last from what I can remember is a great big tidal wave of pain as it attacked the center core of my body, practically knocking me out and stopping my heart. But when I finally awoke hours later, my body felt weak and painfully sore.

Upon easing myself up on my knees, I groaned a little and cracked my neck, catching my reflection in the mirror. My eyes. Eyes that were once red and blue were now a blazing sapphire electric blue. I covered my mouth due to shock only to feel something sharp scrap against my palm. I pushed back my upper lip and noticed a decent sized pair of fangs. Whoa! Halloween sure is going to be kick-ass next year.

Just then, my body started tingling all over as a surge of some great unknown power flowed through my veins, along with the realization that I was something more now since I was no longer remotely human. But a werewolf, an Ulfheobar.

Author's Note: Finally! I am so glad that I decided to break up what was once a HUGE chapter into three, separate ones. That way it wouldn't be overwhelming. Anyways, guys, I hope you all enjoyed it. Now I'm off to bed! Oh, and don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & FOLLOW for more future updates