Chapter Ten: An Unexpected Meeting (Setekh)

Fueled by lust and the urge for sex. I wanted so badly to take Bane right then and there. But centuries of ancient tradition and countless rules forced me to retake back control and slow down. Our lips welded together as I tried to pull away, but he wouldn't let me and managed to wrestle one of his arms free, wrap it around my neck and hold me tight to him. I laughed into the kiss, my chest rumbling like thunder that comes just before the storm. And yet the sound of Bane whimpering as I pulled away, made my inner wolf whine as we both wanted to make love to him.

"Holy shit!" I hissed, gasping for air.

"Wow. That was amazing. It was like having the fourth of July in my mouth."

"As it should be. Considering that this was your after-dinner dessert."

"Does this mean that I can have seconds?"

I barked out a laugh. "Normally, I would never refuse you. But I can't. In so doing would lead us straight to sex much too quickly."

Bane blushed as he sat up. "May I ask why?"

"It's the law of the Winter Solstice. The rules state that under no circumstances is the future Alpha supposed to have any kind of sexual relations with his mate until the mating ceremony. Otherwise, it will break the tradition that has been handed down for centuries."

"That's rather interesting. But what do you do in the meantime when you want to—you know? Get off."

"Ah, well, that right there requires a certain amount of information that needs to be shown in a more private, intimate setting. But the usual tension release helps quite a bit." Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate in the front pocket of my pants as I pulled it out with a muttered curse and roared at the person on the other end of the line. "What!?"

A minute later I ended the call with a jab of my thumb and rose to my feet as Bane did the same and walked me over to the doors. I took his hand as I kissed the inside of his palm and then his wrist before placing his hand on my cheek. I looked into his eyes and leaned down to kiss not once, not twice, but three more times. I was dying to spend the night with him, in his bed, but I was needed back at the compound. As I released the kiss and opened the door, my hand turning the knob, I felt my erection straining against my zipper. I walked across the driveway like a good little wolf and jumped in my Jeep as I started the engine.

"Have a goodnight," he called out to me.

"Sleep well. Would it be all right if I checked up on you tomorrow sometime in the early morning?"

"But tomorrow's a school day."

"Tomorrow's Saturday."

Bane considered the possibility for a moment. "Oh! That's right. I forgot. Yeah, I guess that would be okay."

God, he looked so beautiful standing beside the porch light that illuminated his adolescent features. It took every ounce of my strength not to bolt from the car and charge at him like some wild bull, only to pin him under me and have him quivering with pleasure. Twisting my lower half to get more comfortable, I rearranged the erection that was now tightly pressing against the top button of my jeans. I really needed to get my cock under control and a little one on one time with my trusty old right hand wasn't going to come quite fast enough. Let alone the twenty minute drive back to the compound and I'd still be sitting on a big, bright pair of blue balls.

I raced down the gravel driveway and took a left as I took off down the street like a bat out of hell. It killed me that I had to resort to having sex with a random stranger just so I wouldn't break away from tradition before the mating ceremony. As I headed into deeper town, I came upon Haven's only secluded nightclub Afterlife; a well-known private club famous for its music and dancing and all things that go bump under the radar from the local police. I parked in the back so that no one would notice me and stepped out, sticking to the shadows. A long line made gaining entry through the front door impossible while the back door was heavily lined with silver which is deadly to someone of my kind.