Chapter Twenty-One: Midnight Run (Setekh)

Bursting through the front door of my home, I tear off my clothes and get ready for tonight's activities. My mind was racing with the many different outfit ideas Bane could be or would be wearing for me this evening. And I couldn't help but grin at the thought of my mate dressed in a pair of black leather pants that curved his ass nicely. In the bathroom after a shower, I applied some gel to my hair then brushed my teeth until my gums turned red. After rinsing my mouth out with water, I grabbed a bottle of Dolce and Gabbana and sprayed two quick spritzes across my chest before giving myself a final glance in the mirror.

Then in the closet, the strangest thing happened. My skin had overcome with a tingling sensation that spread across my body as I headed over to the window that looked out over the woods. I slowed my breathing and closed my eyes as I allowed my senses to deepen and expand outward. Seconds passed before I could feel that someone or something was nearby, but where? When I reached the clearing, someone was running, running at me. I quickly turned in the direction of my attacker as Ari's voice entered my mind.

Come and find me, wolf, it's time we finished what we started.

I smirked. And it will end where it all began.

See you soon.

My muscles tightened and flexed as I opened my eyes again and let out a low growl through clenched teeth as I charged out of the house and shifted into my wolf form the second my feet touched the driveway. Power greatly consumed me giving way to imaginary wings that allowed me to soar in-between the dense trees and thick underbrush. In my mind, I had a clear picture of where Ari was and he was certainly getting his ass handed him tonight.

From my current location, even the smell of Ari grew stronger as I came to a dead stop and raised to my full height, standing on hind legs. My black fur though slick like oil, shimmered in the night under the graceful glow of the full moon that could faintly be seen through the eerie tree branches as dead leaves littered the entire forest floor.

A twig snapped nearby and my head turned in its direction as Ari emerged from behind a tree. His was hair down and long, resting comfortably along the small of his back. His porcelain alabaster skin looked almost like stone then actual skin as he stood underneath a beam of moonlight. And instead of his school clothes, he adorned a black turtleneck with faded blue jeans and combat boots.

When he smiled I could see his fangs protruding from his gum like daggers as he swept his tongue underneath the sharp points. Even his nails took on a transformation of their own as they turned into sharp claws. I narrowed my eyes at the fearless enemy and jumped into the air as I landed right in front of him.

"Somehow I knew you'd find me here," he said. "I must say your true form is really quite stunning if I do say so myself. Mind if I touch just a lock of your fur?" He made the motion with his hand as I growled and snapped at the open air. "Easy. There's no need to bite my head off."

Oh, yes, there is. I said to myself.

Ari looked around as if admiring the scenery then glanced up at the night sky. "Ah. What a beautiful night we have for a fight, don't you agree?" I stepped forward as he smirked. "I'll take that as a yes. Shall we begin?"

Leaning my head back, I let out a howl that sent a ripple in the night as I lashed out with my claws hoping to cut Ari but missed as he took off in a blur. His laugh echoed around me as I searched for him. I could hear him change his sense of direction the closer he got. And when the time was right, and his aura got within five yards of me, I launched myself into the air again and lashed out with my claws as they raked deeply across his chest and back.

Ari nearly stumbled to the ground as his eyes burned sapphire blue. Blood flowed freely from his wounds as it stained his clothes. "You'll pay for that!" he snarled.

A tree stood beside me as I sharpened my claws against it, growling madly. Ari charged at me again with blinding speed as he cried out and tried to tackle me. We fell to the ground as I quickly got on top of him and flipped him onto his stomach. From here, I dug my claws into his back while my fangs pierced his throat. His screams filled the air but not for long as his head fell from his shoulders.

I shifted back afterwards barely noticing the blood that covered nearly every inch of me. Ari's mangled body and decapitated head lay before me as I quickly gathered the supplies necessary for a fire. Striking the tip of the match against my cheek, I stepped back before letting it fly through the air and ignite the fuel.

At around a quarter to midnight, the flames died out as particles of ash and smoke drifted through the air having been carried away by a gentle breeze that made its way through the forest. Behind me, I glanced over my shoulder as Eric, my second in command made his appearance.

"What the hell happened to you? And why does it smell like burning flesh?"

"Because what you see before you are what remains of the vampire, Ari. He's dead. I killed him."

"You...can't be...serious."

"Oh, but I am. It's true, my brother. The deed is done."

"The vampires will certainly come looking for his killer, and if they find out that it was you, then we'll have a war on our hands."

"So be it."

I turned and walked away as I raced back to the house and took a quick shower. Blood washed down my body where it pooled at my feet and gurgled down the drain. I rushed to get dressed as quickly as possible as I sprayed my chest again with some Dolce and Gabbana before grabbing my car keys and racing for my car. In my haste, I drove like a madman to Bane's house and hoped that I wasn't too late in picking him up to go dancing.

When I arrived, the floodlights came on as I stopped short in front of his house and got out. Just then, the door opened and Bane stepped out wearing a white T-shirt that looked like it was painted on him. As for his lower half, he certainly was wearing black leather pants. He also changed his normal hair color by adding some blonde highlights that went along great with the mismatched color of his eyes.

The head of my cock tingled as I took it all in. My God, he was more beautiful than when I saw him before. He smiled, blushing a little as he walked toward me. "Well, what do you think?" he asked. But the words didn't come. No matter how many times I tried to open my mouth to speak.

I sniffed the air around him and could tell that he had just showered. I always loved the way he smelled after a shower. For his blood only became that much stronger each time as it called out to me. And it took a great deal of energy to try and not mark him as mine right here and now. I had only a few more days until the Winter Solstice. My mate needed to stay protected and human until then.

"You look fantastic," I said with a grin. "Ready to go?"

"Yes."

I helped him into the passenger seat as I shut his door for him and sensed my wolf whine in protest of wanting out and not being able to have its way with him. I snapped my jaw shut as I willed myself to hold it together until the mating ceremony. But each day that passes, the bonding ritual becomes that much stronger and uncontrollable. I would need the help of my fellow pack mates at the club to make sure I don't lose control in front of everyone, including Bane.

As I started the engine and cruise down the driveway towards the street, I prayed to the Wolf Mother for guidance. Because I sure as hell was going to need it bad, or die trying.

Author's Note: Hello everyone! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for the wait. I had BLS training on Wednesday which lasted about 4.5 hours and by the time I got home I was wiped out. LOL. Anyways, I hope to have the next chapter uploaded by Sunday night. Love you all and good night. :)