Part 3

With the race over, things kind of settled down

With the race over, things kind of settled down. 3Gun was back at his place in the saloon and feeling a little sad over how it had changed. Lean came in and he joined her at the bar for a drink. She was upset about the race, of course, and was making all kinds of accusations about different people. 3Gun tried to calm her down, suggesting she let things simmer and then look again with a clearer head. Meanwhile, they could play some cards... if they could find a table. Hunter had a deck ready and offered to deal.

3Gun found he really couldn't concentrate, his mind was fussing over the fact that Crazygoose hadn't been around for the race. After all, she was keeping all the records of what was happening in the town. He said he was going to look around and see if he could find her. Lean decided to join him and off they went. They checked the hotel and down the hall, from 3Gun's room, they found who they thought at first was Crazygoose but it wasn't. Crazygoose had been knocked out and tied up, but with a knife from her boot, she managed to escape and track her horse, Crazymoose,down.

The horse was supposed to find 3Gun and deliver a message. Meanwhile, Lean took the woman they found, back to the saloon for interrogation. Crazymoose found 3Gun and the message was to meet Crazygoose at the hay bale before sun up. Lean and Hunter discovered that the woman was working for someone named Steel Diamond. More questions needed to be answered about what exactly this Steel Diamond was up to and was she the one that had Crazygoose knocked out.