Part 10 cont'd.

CrazyGoose had locked herself in her office when 3Gun went looking for Lean and was stressing out for her friends

CrazyGoose had locked herself in her office when 3Gun went looking for Lean and was stressing out for her friends. She spent her time going through what was left of the old newspaper files and discovered something on an old map but before she could react, Ron Boyle, the lad that ran errands for the paper came rushing in to tell her 3Gun and Lean were back but had barely escaped. She had rushed to see them and she and 3Gun, who knew nothing of any danger they might have been in, argued about the nature of the boy's information. He told her that he had delivered Lean to the Doc's and met stannbear coming out so that's all there was to that. He also said that while waiting for Lean to get better, he had tried questioning the prisoners.

CrazyGoose wanted to know what he found out and he told her that stannbear's great aunt was called Olla Croc; she had been married to Cadmus. She said she wasn't part of any gang, she came to warn Steel about Croc and make sure he didn't mistreat her. 3Gun expressed doubt over that. CrazyGoose held her head and sagged at the shoulders. stannbear's family was becoming a huge mental block for her. She left and went hunting for him to get more information.

All the time 3Gun was explaining everything to CrazyGoose, Lean had awakened and seemed to be little the worse for wear. A bit of a sore head, but she had that before. It did not stop her from looking thought the Doc's office for some information she hoped might refresh her memory. The Doc had taken over the office left by Doc vale. He came in and caught her but was not too upset. He unlocked the drawer and showed her all her things, her knife, her deck of cards and a single piece of paper. When she asked if it was all hers he paused and said that he was sure there was a whole pack of papers when he locked the drawer.

The next thing that happened, was stannbear produced a copy of an old family tree showing that he actually was the son of Olla and Cadmus. Apparently, while being treated by the Doc, he had taken the opportunity to search around the office and that is when he found the family tree parchment. Lean and 3Gun must have missed it when they searched Doc vale's old office. stannbear now had a real quandary, his mom was in jail and he was part of the group trying to catch his own father.