2 - The McCalister Twins

Chapter 2

Everyone's heads started to scan the room as Rachiel stared at me with her mouth dropped. Why is this egghead professor looking for me? Oh hell, don't tell me...
My head quickly darted on my feet where I threw my crumpled paper. No sign of it. Oh my God.

The moment I raised my right hand everyone's eyes were on me, especially egghead professor's. He looked at me with extreme anger that right there and then I thought his angry vein would burst. But I remained composed and calm. What should I fear for? I know clear as this professor's scalp that I didn't do what he's about to accuse me for. I feel something else though, irritation and anger--to the student who threw the paper. Now I have to go through these shit just to prove my innocence.

"Care to explain why your paper suddenly hit me?" He asked as the class fell to extreme silence. They probably think that no one should mess with this professor. Well, I'm not doing anything to him, it's him that's been bugging me, and I don't care what office I will end up after this, as long as I know that I'm in the right place.

"Honestly Sir, I have no idea," I answered, "I was just writing here when that paper flew towards you. I didn't do it."

As expected, he didn't take it well, and obviously, the now angrier look on his face indicated that he doesn't believe every word I said.

"Then why is it that it's your paper that hit me instead of someone else's?" He asked on a high note. I can feel the whole class and Rachiel's nervousness, but I couldn't care less, this egghead professor is asking me a question but he won't believe my answers.
So much for that happy and welcoming first day.

"Like I said, I don't know, Sir," I answered, "Would you believe that or you would prefer believing if I would say then that the paper wanted to attach itself to your head or just get back at you in it's own little ways?" I asked.

The professor's eyes suddenly went wide that a little bit force would make me think that it would pop out of his face and fly towards me. The whole class was back in the 'control your laugh' situation, and fortunately for my part, but unfortunately for his part, one student was unable to control his laugh, completely distracting egghead professor.

I turned to face him. To say that it was unfortunate for his part would not be quite right, because this blond guy sitting behind me looks like he wasn't planning to hide his amusement at all.

"Detention, Ms. Evans." Egghead professor exclaimed, his statement almost a shout, before he turned to the blond guy.

"And that goes for you too, Mr. Wainwright. 1 hour after this class, the both of you!" He shouted at the blond guy, who was completely undisturbed of the fact that we're forced to spend 1 hour more with the hatest professor on the first day of school. I groaned inwardly.

The egghead professor resumed writing on the whiteboard, pressing the marker pen more than necessary as he wrote. I secretly texted my Mom that I'll be home an hour late to take care of something at school, which is the detention thing, but I didn't tell her specificaly. She'll literally freak out. It wasn't that long after she replied an Okay, telling me that she'll be home an hour or two after midnight, telling that the company has some issues at hand that needed immediate response.

That's what makes me wonder. Mom never told me where she works or what her work is, she just told me that she holds one of the highest positions in the place where she's working. As time went on I begin to suspect that she's the CEO's trusted employee on a company or something like that.

Art class finally ended. I told Rachiel to go home ahead. It's her first day of school and I don't want to ruin it for her by making her wait for her newfound friend as she kills detention time with an egghead professor and a blond student. She kissed my cheeks before leaving with Rahmiel and Halaliel.