3 - Angels

Chapter 3

"Tell you what, come over to our house this weekend, we'll have a sleepover." Rachiel said while sipping her diet coke.

It was yesterday when I received that text. After Math class I can't help but laugh like crazy. I mean, who sends text messages that way? Only the ones obsessed with sorcery video games, that's for sure. But when I came home and night came that was when I felt weird. I mean, what if they're some kind of a cult and just got me mistaken for 'the bringer of wisdom and destruction' ? I wasn't able to sleep properly last night. Even though I had the text message deleted it keeps haunting me until now.

"Sophia?!" Rahmiel shouted, bringing me back to reality. I flinched and looked at them, Rachiel staring at me with a smug grin on her face, Rahmiel smiling teasingly, and Halaliel, the only one who looked worried.

"I'm sorry, come again?" I asked Rachiel.

"I said, come over to our house this weekend, we'll have a sleepover," She said, "What's up with you anyway?" She asked, "You look like you received a death threat from Bogeyman."

"Sophia, is something wrong?" Halaliel asked, and when I saw her concerned face I decided to share what's been bugging me.

I leaned forward on the round table of the cafeteria, "What if I told you that I actually received a threat? Only that it's not a death threat and it's not from Bogeyman?" I asked, and just like that, Rachiel and Rahmiel turned serious.

"What is it?" Rahmiel asked, "Letters to Juliet?"

"I'm serious here," I said, "I received a text message on Math class yesterday."

"Spill it," Halaliel quickly said, her strong attitude surprising me.

"Well, I don't know how to explain it since I have no idea what it meant, so I'm just gonna state it the way it came to me," I said, "To the bringer of wisdom and destruction, dash dash," I said, "We're coming for you then a comma," I saw Rachiel roll her eyes, "Be prepared."

"Unknown number, I bet?" Rahmiel asked, amusement clearly gone from her expression. I nodded and they looked at each other.

"There's that thing again where you forget you have an extra friend here," I interrupted, "Say something."

"Is that all the message said?" Halaliel asked, "No initials, numbers, or pseudonyms?"

"Now that you've mentioned it," I said, "There something else. After the message there was a dash and then a letter E." I said.

"Upper case or lower case?" Halaliel asked, and my forehead creased at what she asked.

Rachiel rolled her eyes, "She means small letter or capital."

"Oh," I said, feeling dumb for not understanding, "Upper case or capital."
The moment I said that, the three of them looked at themselves again.

"Come on!" I shouted, "Can you please stop doing that eye conversation thing?" I groaned, "It makes me think that you're the ones who did it for fun." I said.

"You know what?" Rachiel asked, completely ignoring my frustrated statement earlier, "Let's have that sleepover tonight," She said, "I'm sure there will be no classes tomorrow."

"And how can you say that?" I asked.

"I just know," She said, "So, sleepover?"
The two girls shouted as an agreement. Now I think they just don't care about the text message.

"Fine," I said, "Just promise you'll guard me from Bogeyman." I said jokingly.

Rachiel laughed, "Sleepover it is, then!"