22 - A Lesson With Rachiel

Chapter 22

"So what do you think?" Puriel asked while leaning on the tiled kitchen island. I looked back at her as I took a spoonful of what she made, I then chewed it slowly, savoring the red syrup the pastry was soaked with. I haven't even realized that I was closing my eyes the whole time until I opened them back to answer a Puriel who was looking at me expectantly.

"This. Is," I began. "Is perfect. God, how can it taste this good?" I exclaimed and as expected, I saw a smirk slowly crept up on her lips. She then stood straight and went back to the sink. I went on eating, finishing 4 spoonfuls in just a second.

"Good," She said as she started setting aside the dirty pans and dishes, probably for dishwashing. "I would kick you out if you'd make fun of my specialty."

"What is it?" I asked after taking another spoonful in my mouth. She then turns back at me with a quizzical look on her face, so I decided to go on.

"I mean, what do you call this?" I asked while raising another spoonful. She then shruggs before turning back to the sink.

"You don't wanna know, trust me," She mumbled while snorting. I suddenly put the spoon down the moment the idea of what she cooked was something that's not supposed to be eaten crossed my mind. Even though she didn't say anything gross, I can already feel what I ate started creeping back to my throat.

"Did you use something gross?" I asked and she turns back again while holding a tupperware as she scrubs it with soap. How can I forget that this woman can get weird? She looks at me with a face of disgust before turning back to her work.

"Well I don't see using a Tocsin bird's bm as something gross," She mumbled while casually soaping the dishes.

"Tocsin bird's bm?" I asked. Oh my God. Why do I really want to puke right now?

"The alarm bird's feces," She said. "I used it as a sugar in the red maple syrup. It does taste good, right?"

That was the last straw.

I quickly sprinted my way towards the door just beside the kitchen, which I predicted to be the bathroom. I quickly leaned on the sink and let out everything Puriel made me eat. The red color of my vomit made me puke more.

Why the hell was she using a bird's feces as an ingredient?!

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, EW!!! This is so gross! I can't believe I just ate a cake soaked with red maple syrup added with a bird's shit! I was even savoring it's sweetness a while ago! How can I just trust this woman to cook safe food for me?!

I'm definitely cooking my own food from now on.

I felt her poke her head in the door.

"Ew, why do you have to throw up on the sink?" She asked. "Girls in movies would always puke on the toilet with that dramatic leaning position." She mumbled more to herself as she looks at me and the mess on the sink like it was some kind of a science investigatory project she needs to solve.

I slowly turned my head at her, my lungs trying to catch my breath. She looked at me as she scowls. I glared at her. The thought of throwing up while my head resting on the toilet seat made bile rise up on my throat. To think that the toilet seat could have encountered more human shit than water.

"Next time you cook something for me," I started. "Make a list of the ingredients you used."

She was not able to reply when a loud banging was heard from the main door. She immediately made her way to the living room, leaving me in the bathroom as I turned the faucet on and let the cold water wash away the bits of food smeared on my mouth and the mess on the sink. Gross. I swear this woman will be the end of me.