6 - A Reward For Sneaking In

Chapter 6

After that event outside the coffee shop, we entered quite a lot of botiques, and from every one of them Rachiel bought at least 1 dress--for me. 1 dress was enough, but the three kept on insisting that we should buy more, and now here we are in Starbucks, drinking coffee. I'm holding 10 paper bags from different stores where we went, containing a total of 18 dresses.

"We still haven't been to the top floor," Rachiel said, "I've heard that the best designer brands are in there. Maybe we could buy a dress for you, Sophia."

"Rachiel," I replied, "You were saying the exact same line ever since we came out of the first botique. I really thought that each time you said that it means you are buying the very last one. But you just won't stop. Please? The makeover was already a perfect birthday gift. You never have to buy me dresses." I added, sipping from my tumbler.

"Well, I guess you have to prepare then," Rahmiel interrupted, "Because what you're holding now, the makeover, that's just from Rachiel. You haven't seen what Hal and I got for you."

After hearing what Rahmiel said, my mouth dropped and my eyes went wide. They can't be serious! The makeover alone costs 9 grand, I don't know why, but I do have an idea that the fame of the beauty parlor contributed much to the payment. Don't even start with me about the dresses, the first one we bought costs just as much as my weekly allowance. And to think that we belong to the upper class, and they've got me 18 dresses. And now? That all was only from Rachiel?

"You can't be serious," I exclaimed, "Come on, you don't have to do this. I can buy things my own."

"Well, we know you can afford the same things we can afford," Halaliel said, "So just accept what we got for you as a gift."

Oh man. I can't stand this.

Someone's cellphone beep as Rahmiel stood up, "Guys, it's Mom. I just have to answer this."

Rahmiel went away as she answered the call. That was when Halaliel and Rachiel started asking me.

"So Sophia," Rachiel began, "Have you and my brother already talked?"

I was surprised by the question. But nonetheless I answered it, "Rogziel? Yeah, we did."

I don't know what got into them but they just suddenly giggled before turning back at me, "So, what did my brother tell you? What were you doing when I came in this morning?" Rachiel asked.

In just a second, I felt my stomach tighten when I remembered what we were doing this morning. It didn't help, actually. Because I think I can't stop imagining his face just a few breaths away from me, and I don't think I can restrain myself from imagining on what could've happened if the topic about the strawberries was never brought up. Would he have kissed me?

"Earth to Sophia," Rachiel interrupted my thoughts, "Answer the question please."

"He didn't say anything aside from his name," I quickly answered, "And we didn't do anything when you came in. We were just eating." I can feel a blush escape through my cheeks. God, I hope they won't notice it.

"Are you blushing?" Halaliel asked while observing me carefully with her eyeglasses. Oh shit.

"Guys?" Rahmiel shouted. Oh thank God, I was never that happy to see Rahmiel.

"What did your Mom say?" Rachiel asked.

"Well, unfortunately Mom called to tell me that the school called her," She said, "They said that the buildings were done checking, and that classes will resume tomorrow."

We all groaned, although I was secretly thankful that classes are back, that means these two won't get to buy me anything. After we ate, we decided to come home since it's already dark outside. We were shopping that long huh?