14 - The Nest

Chapter 14

I held my breath as Rogziel took a hard turn to the left, thankful that there are no cars around. If there is, I'm pretty sure we are not safe.

Rogziel is still driving, but I don't know where are we now. All I can remember is that when we got out of the school, he took many turns, so many that I quickly lost track of how many it was or what direction did he turn. All I know is that we're in the middle in the middle of nowhere. There are no cars, but I know we are still in a place reached by civilization, considering that there may be trees beside the road, but the road is cemented and that there are traffic signs. Not that much though.

"Rogziel!" I shouted as he took another hard turn while laughing. I breathed heavily as I held on to the seatbelt I decided to use since Rogziel started taking a lot of hard turns. No matter how assuring this seatbelt is for my safety, I'm still gripping on it like my life depended on it.

"Can you not take a lot of turns?!" I shouted-asked at Rogziel when we're travelling on a straight road.

"Hey," He started, "It's not my fault that this place has a lot of turns."

"Then why do you have to take this road?" I asked while rolling my eyes.

"Because," He said, and took a small turn, "We are going to a nice restaurant, nicer than where your Mom always takes you."

My jaw dropped as he said that. How does he know that Mom takes me to fancy restaurants when I was like, 16? I never knew him then, or ever heard about him.

"How do you know that?" I asked while raising an eyebrow.

He laughed, "When you were 16, Anael has something to take care of, so she can't watch you. That's when I saw you first, when I was tasked to watch you for a while, when Anael's still away."

"Exactly how long have you been watching me?" I asked, my eyebrows met. I can't believe Rachiel and Rogziel already knew me before I even transferred to Falls Academy or even moved to New York.

"Since you turned 14," He said, "We were only able to locate you when you reached the primary stage. If we knew where you were even before you were born, we would have moved next to your house, no matter if it's in the other side of the world."

"Since I turned 14?" I asked, confused, " And locate me? How?"

He snorted, making me glare at him. I'm asking here and he's laughing at my ignorance. Newbie Angel here!

"Angels pass this stages," He started, "Primary stage, Secondary stage, and the Final stage."

I was about to ask him to elaborate when he continued, "Primary stage is when Angels turn 14, and that is when other Angels can detect his or her presence, by smell, take note, particularly, sweet caramel. We can't smell you if you're too far away though, that's why we've been to a lot places in the world."

I nodded with my lips parted, remembering at the back of my mind about Rachiel saying about their tour around the world. That explains it then. They've been looking for me.

"And why were you looking for me?" I asked.

"Because, we have to protect you from the Daimons and the Rebel Angels," He said, "You were lucky we found you before they did. Good thing your Mom was cool about us spying on you. She knew then that you weren't safe in The Nest that time since the place was still not cleaned from Rebel Angels who want to kill you. It's a lot more dangerous outside, considering that Daimons are everywhere."

"Oh." I exclaimed. When I was 16, we were in California then. That means they've been with me for 4 years already.

"The secondary stage," He continued, making a hard turn to the right, "Is the transformation stage, when you turn 18. Well, you already know  what happens during that stage." He said.