5 - Strawberries

Chapter 5

The strong scent of vanilla filled my nose when I woke up. I raised my right arm to cover my eyes from the sun shining through the balcony's door. I sat up and looked around, it's still 7:30 according to the wall clock. Now something's not right.
I'm already in the bed, covered in sheets, my jeans removed, and the door still locked. Wait, last time I remembered, I was---

I looked at the study table's direction. The chair is at its usual proper place like I didn't sit there last night. Wait, I even fell asleep there. How come I'm already here?

Maybe last night didn't happen. I touched my wrist where I remembered--or maybe thought---that guy held me. It's just not possible, I'm not one to sleep soundly that can be waken up by a slight sound. How did I get here then?

Maybe that was it, I was dreaming. If that ever did happen, I wasn't able to remove my jeans because that guy barged in--okay, interrupted me after I barged in his room. But, the jeans, it's also folded the way I fold mine. It can be possible that he came back, carried me to bed, then took of my jeans? I flushed scarlet at the last one.

Okay, first, like I said, I'm not one hard to wake up. I could've at least opened my eyes for a while when he did any of that.

There, it's settled. Everything was just a dream. Although it kind of confused me on how I dreamt that way.

I didn't bother to put on my jeans. After washing my face I headed downstairs.

That was when I really saw how big Rachiel's house is. Wow, it's even more beautiful in daylight. Every curtain is held back at the side and tied with a matching ribbon, beautiful. Maybe Rachiel was already up.

I dragged my slippers as I walked, making a loud noise across the house's living room. Last place I left them was the kitchen, so I went there. I wonder if they managed not to fall from the stools.

I took a turn to the kitchen. That was when I noticed 3 things.

First, the kitchen didn't look like three girls just got wasted in there--the red cups, potato chips wrappers and glasses are no longer there. Second, the girls that I left on the mini bar is no longer there too. Third, someone is sitting on where Halaliel sat last night---black hair, fair skin, black shirt, basketball shorts, slippers---oh no.

I thought it was just a dream. I thought I was just imagining a very hot guy pinning me on the bed with anger in his eyes. I thought I was just illusioning. I thought I was just dreaming, well clearly I wasn't.

And right on cue, the guy whose back is facing me earlier turned around, as if I just called him out. There's that blue eyes again, blue eyes that keeps boring in me, trying to read my soul. He quickly stood up without talking, grabbed my right arm, then pulled me towards the table where he was eating cereal. The smell of vanilla suddenly changed to something sweet--strawberry, I think? Where the heck is it coming from?

He stopped in front of the table, pulled the seat beside him, and pushed me so that I'm now sitting on the chair. Oh well, my smart mouth isn't liking the way he treats me. He can't just push and pull me around like some sort of a dog right?

He turned his back on me while he made his way to the cupboards. He pulled out a box of cereal, and grabbed a spoon and a bowl on his way back to me. I stood up as he put on the table the bottle of milk he got from the refrigerator.

"Eat." He said, then sat back down and continued eating.

I looked at him with awe. You've gotta be kidding me. What am I? A freaking pet? I won't be surprised if next time he's saying 'sit' .