20 - Kiss and Scars

Chapter 20

"So who would I be training next?" I asked Nael as he tied his shoelaces. He continued tying them to a tight knot while answering me.

"Sraosha didn't tell me, but I think you'll be training with either one of the twins," He said casually.

I remained quiet after hearing what he said. One of the twins? So it could only be Rachiel or Rogziel. Which one of them? I could only hope for one.

"What one?" Nael asked, making me quickly turn at him. He read my thoughts about him?

"What do you mean?" I asked, "You're reading my thoughts again, aren't you?"

He just shrugged and put on his other army boot. "I don't need to read our thoughts. You're practically saying it."

My eyes widened at what he said. I said the thoughts I had in mind? I probably should be careful with what I think next time. Who knows someone could hear me next time and I might accidentally spit out names I shouldn't be saying.

"Nothing," I shook my head. "Are you almost done there?"

Right on cue, he stood up, dusting his pants and running his hand through his hair. When he caught me looking away, he winked at me, causing me to roll my eyes at him. He might be handsome, but he still is my bestfriend and only a bestfriend.

After he got me pinned on the floor, he challenged me to push him up as I sat up just like what he did. He would let me go then if I would. He didn't. Trust me, I tried to lift the both of us up into a sitting position, but he's forcing me down, and his body weight didn't help a lot. It took almost half an hour for me before he got tired of lying down and let me go.

"I thought I'd be able to finish before lunch?" I asked him accusingly as I stared at the afternoon sky when we got outside. He told me I would be done before lunch, but it looks like it's already 2 PM.

He shrugged as he put his hands in his pockets while he continued walking. "It was your fault. You weren't able to get up."

I rolled my eyes at him while catching up. It's too immature to argue with him. He knows very well that what he asked me to do is way to hard, considering that he's a guy and I'm a girl, a battered one.

I just followed him as we walked towards the cafeteria where we got fruits and ate them. When we were done, he told me that he has to go somewhere and since I have no plan in keeping him with me I quickly let him go as I made my way to the training ground, hoping to find Sraosha and ask her who my next trainer would be.

Luckily, she was now where I found her when we got here this morning. She's standing on the sidelines though, as she watched another fight going on. I quickly made my way to her. I noticed that a lot of peope were watching the fight. They were so many that I can't see the ones fighting anymore.

When I got behind Sraosha, I poked her on her left shoulder. She quickly turned back at me.

"Sophia," She exclaimed while smiling giddily. "How was your training with Nat?"

"It was torture but I'm still alive," I said while smiling. She then chuckled at what I said. She was about to speak up when we heard a yelp from the training ground where she was watching before I interrupted her.

I quickly pushed people aside as I made my way to the edge beside Sraosha. My eyes practically widened as I saw who were fighting on the battle ground.

Nael and Rogziel.

Both of them had their wings out, and they were fighting at each other so crazy and so fast that I can't make out their movements. Their wings were both out and because we have a sharp vision, I can practically see sweats falling down from the side of their temples.