4 - The Earthquake and The Brother

Chapter 4

I didn't waste my time to look at him, victory already in my eyes, "Well, Mr. A-hole," I said, clearly unmindful of the professor in front of us, "I can see God," I said, running my hand up from his arm, stopping on his solid chest, "Through here," I calmly removed my hand from his chest, "I believe in God because I can see him, through my heart. Can you see him?"

The whole class went silent, right there and then I knew I won. The look of defeat and withdrawal in his eyes said it all.
All of a sudden there was a loud handclap. We all turned to face the now smirking professor.

"Now that was a good debate right there," She said,then stopped clapping and rested her hands on her hips, "Ms. Evans and Mr. Turner, the both of you can sit down now."
Though intrigued on how she knows our names, I decided to shut up and sat down, I've already done a lot of talking. A little bit more will push Professor Parker to the edge.

The class continued, Professor Parker telling us that as a punishment for the sudden interruption of the class she would recommend the both of us to the Debate Club. I was not one to object, but the Turner guy objected, saying he already joined Basketball club. Heck, I don't even have any idea that 'Debate Club' exists. Oh well, my mouth could use more debates so I didn't bother to refuse, besides, it's just a recommendation.

Myths and Legends class finished, and I am now going down the stairs from the 2nd floor. A lot of students are already out in the grass lawn. It's unfair that they get the time to sit in the grass while the rest of us has to deal with Art class, with that egghead professor.

"Can anyone tell me who painted Mona Lisa?" Mr. Robinson asked.

It was only today that he told us his name, which is, Professor Gabriel Robinson, or at least Rachiel and I was told, since we were late on first day so we probably missed the introduction part.

He scanned the room with his eyes as everyone is trying hard not to close their eyes. I get them, this professor would be much perfect if his subject was Sleeping class, because he's really good at it.

"Leonardo da Vinci," Rachiel answered boredly, "Sir."

Mr. Robinson quickly wrote what Rachiel said. even the movements of his hands were like a sleeping gesture or whatever. I can tell that Rachiel and I and the professor are the only ones awake in this classroom. The others are already sleeping, or at least, one step away from closing their eyes.

"Anytime now." Rachiel whispered to me.
"What?" My eyebrows met at what she said.

Before I knew it, the ground suddenly rumbled, shaking. Earthquake! The sleepy students a second ago were already having a marathon towards the door, not bothering to follow the three things to do during an earthquake. Mr. Robinson was not doing anything, aside from arranging his things CALMLY.

I was about to stand up to run to the door, but before my butt could leave my seat, Rachiel pulled me down with a smirk on her face. What the heck? What is she doing? Does she want us to die in here?
I pulled my hand, "Let's get out of here Rachiel! There's an earthquake!"

"Calm down!" She shouted, her voice almost a whisper because of the rumbling sound from the ground. I looked at her with Are you mental?! written all over my face. She just chuckled, and pointed her lips to Mr. Robinson's direction.

I looked at the egghead professor. Even him too, is just sitting! What is with them?
"If that egghead professor wants to die, I definitely do not want to go with him, let's get out of here!" I shouted and pulled her, this time,she didn't pull back, which was good.

But the rumbling suddenly stopped. I dropped Rachiel's hand the moment I heard a lot of screams from outside, and I ran.

When I was at the door, I saw a lot of students panicking, a few roaming around the grassland trying to find their friends. Oh my God! Where is Rahmiel and Halaliel right now? Are they both ok?