10 - Asmodeus

Chapter 10

After hearing Rachiel's answer I suddenly felt shy and looked down. I can feel my cheeks heat up as I try to ponder more on what Rachiel said.

"Somebody smells peaches," Rachiel said. At first, my eyebrows met at what she said, but after remembering earlier that peaches meant shy, I quickly looked at her with my cheeks warm.

"Shut up," I said. She then stood up.

"Well, since I've already divulged everything," She said with her hands on her hips, "I better get going. I need to meet someone."

"Wait, Rachiel," I called out, and she turns back at me, "Why do these things have to be kept from me until I'm 18?" I asked, and she smiles.

"Angels transform on their 18th birthday," She answered, "And by transform I mean the time when your powers come out."

My eyebrows met, "So that means you just got your powers? When you turned 18?"

She smiled playfully while biting her lip, "Well, Sophia, the thing is," She looked at Rogziel meaningfully, "We turned 18 a long time ago."

"What?" I asked, and she chuckled.

"We turned 18, when?" She looked at the ceiling as if she was concentrating, "1875, right Bar?"

My gaze from Rachiel landed on Rogziel as he nodded while still looking down at the floor. My eyes immediately opened wide that I almost think they would just pop out and fly towards him.

"What?" I asked.

"We're born on 1857, Sophia," Rachiel explained, "We're 157 years old."

My jaw dropped, "So that means---"

"Angels are immortals," Rogziel interrupted, "You're immortal."

"Wait," I said, "So if Angels are immortals, my Mom," I looked at Rachiel unbelievably, "Is also immortal?"

"Haziel Ariel Porter," Sophia said, "Born 1492, 522 years old."

"I need a break,"  I said as I closed my eyes and leaned back on the couch. This is so unbelievable. My Mom is a 522 year-old Angel? But how is it that she doesn't have a single wrinkle on her face or even on her waist?

Of course. Mom is a hottie. Great.

"So we're like vampires?"  I asked, and they both looked at me with their eyebrows knitted, but I continued, "Because we're immortals and we don't get wrinkles and stuff like that?"

Rachiel leaned back on the wall with her arms still crossed on her chest, "You could say that, but heck, our race already existed before the world was created,"  She said while laughing before she used her hands to push herself away from the wall and started walking towards the door, "Well, I gotta go. Carpe diem, Sophia, with Rogziel,"  She teased just before she got out and slammed the door behind her.

"This. Is. Awkward,"  I turned back at Rogziel as he covered his face with his hands while leaning forward. I chuckled as again, another wave of strawberry filled my nose.

"Please just ignore the smell,"  He said without looking at me. I chuckled again but stopped as another kind of scent mixed with the strawberry, making the whole scent smell something gross that I can feel my stomach turn upside down.

"Please don't be shy,"  I said, and finally, he turned to face me with his blue eyes, I wrinkled my nose, "Strong strawberries and peaches are not a good combination. They smell like rotten mangoes."

Without saying anything, he stood up and walked towards me, then sat beside me. The scent of rotten mangoes turned back to strong strawberry as he spoke, "Can we like, do a restart?"