43 - Other Half

Chapter 43

It had to be done. If not now, then when? Rogziel won't stop trying to get close to me if I won't blurt it out anyway, the others will only fry their brains out just to come up with one reasonable reason for me to be acting this way.

"I'm sure you know my father right?" I asked Sraosha, finally plucking up the courage to drown the tears back. "Well, he's the man Eremiel was with."

All of them went quiet, their eyebrows met, their faces scrunching up.

"You don't know what you're saying Sophia," Gabriel mouthed. "You're father's----"

"Dead?" I interrupted. "Yeah, that's what I thought too. I thought he died in a car crash when he was on his way to a taping, I thought he would be somewhere else right now, lifeless and already rotten. But news flash! He's still alive! And he's one of our enemies! He's a Daimon!" I exclaimed, my hands held out like I was doing an epic speech, at the same time trying to smile sarcastically, but the tears from my eyes wanted to pull my lips into a frown.

"No," Sraosha interjected. "That's not possible. If he's a Daimon the that means......."

I must look like an insane woman, especially when Sraosha trailed off, because she still wasn't blurting out the idea but I already bursted out crying, not bothering to look down as I saw Sraosha's face paled when she finally realizes what I was trying to say.

"No," She mumbled as she was staring at me.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Rogziel quickly interjected. "What do you mean you're Dad's the boss? Sraosha what does she mean?"

Rogziel's desperate voice made me cry out more as Sraosha looks at him with sorrow in her eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Rogziel asked frustratedly. "What are you two talking about? Tell me!"

"I'm half-Daimon, Rogziel!" I cried out, sitting back on the couch and covered my face with my hands as I cried even more.

At last. It was finally out. I should feel something heavy left up inside me, but why do I feel even worse than before?!

The silence in the room as everyone tried to absorb what I just said made my sobs sound even louder. No one dared to talk, and I swear I heard all of their heartbeats go faster.

They're scared. They should be scared of me. That way they would stay away and I won't hurt them.

"What in the world drove you to say that?!" Rogziel muttered while stomping hard on the floor, making me flinch.

I looked up at him and saw his eyes burning with anger and fury, but there was a small spark I interpret as worry, and it hurts to make him feel this way.

"Rogziel---" Sraosha mouthed, but stopped when Rogziel suddenly came to me and held me in my arms, his grip deadly.

"Rogziel stop!" Rachiel shouted as she tries to pull Rogziel's arms from me, but he was so strong that he didn't even budge.

"Tell me you're lying," He said. "Tell me this is just some kind of a joke."

"I would kill for it to be only just a joke Rogziel but I'm sorry!" I yelled as I used my newly acquired strength to tear his hands from my arms. "This isn't a joke and none of it is! Half of me is the kind all of us are hunting after! The kind we all want to kill!"

Rachiel's movements slowed down as she slowly steps away from me, detecting the sudden change of my aura. She must've detected my evil side, the side I want nothing more than to kill.

"And I'm practically one of them," I sobbed again as I sat down on the couch, not minding Rogziel who was standing in front of me, his hands formed into fists.