11 - Like A Freaking Louis Lane

Chapter 11

"I thought you want to go home and rest?" Rachiel asked while looking surprised as Rogziel and I entered their house.

After I learned that I just lost my first kiss to a water doppelganger, like what Rogziel said, he insisted--no scratch that, he forced me to go back to their mansion with him and stay there until my Mom comes back. I still haven't contacted her but Rogziel said he's already asked someone to inform her that I'll be staying with them until she comes back. Turns out, Mom isn't in London or in a business trip, she's in The Nest doing some kind of search and rescue operation for the missing Angels who ran away when the place was attacked with Daimons, which was, when that redhead girl came here and told Rachiel about a level 3 nest something. They were attacked that time with Daimons who came in search for, well, me.

"She'll be temporarily staying here," Rogziel said as he brought my bags on the second floor. The moment he was an earshot away, Rachiel leaned towards me to ask a question.

"What happened?" She asked, and who am I to hide anything from my bestfriend? I told her about that night that I saw Rogziel's wings, and about me thinking it was him who kissed me, and about Rogziel telling me that it was the water doppelganger.

"Asmodeus," Rachiel whispered, "How can he know that you were here that night?"

"How can they not know?" I asked, "I mean, they're supernatural creatures, they would know something like that quickly."

"We spread rumors that you stayed in California," She said, "The Elders prevented news about those who are with you, including me and Rogziel, being Angels from spreading. Our identities in The Nest are kept secret, that's why only a few people know about our identity. In that way the Daimons would only think that you're alone and that Angels still haven't gotten to you." She said. I swear I didn't understand anything she said. Needless to say, I nodded.

"Did Asmodeus try to trick you into going someplace else in Bar's form?" She asked.

"No," I shook my head, "He even asked what was I doing in his room."

"That seems strange," She commented, "If he wanted to take you, he should've done it by pulling you someplace else to makeout."

"You do know you sound gross right?" I asked with my scrunched up nose.

"Like you didn't thought Bar kissed you," She said and I narrowed my eyes at her as she sticks out her tongue at me, "Why did you go to his room anyway?"

My face heated up and I looked down. Oh shit. How can Rachiel act like a detective?

"Someone smells peaches," Rachiel teased.

"Peaches?" Rogziel asked the moment he was on the living room. Just my luck. If Rachiel says another word about it I'll surely tie her up and hang her in the wall.

Thankfully she chose the right path, "Nothing," She said while shaking her head, "About Asmodeus," She began while Rogziel sat across us, "How do you think he found out about Sophia?"

"I have no idea," Rogziel mumbled, "He's the god of lust, he has no special abilities aside from the fact that he can copy any man he wants to."

"You said he was a water doppelganger," I said, "But now you're saying he's the god of lust, what is it really?"

"He's the god of lust," Rachiel answered, "He's just labeled as the water doppelganger since he's fond of copying another man's form, only the wet version, like you would think he came from a swim or he just took a shower."

I ran my hands on my face, "I can't believe I got that far with a--wait, what exactly is Asmodeus, is he an Angel or a Daimon?"

"Daimon." Rachiel answered.