12 - Special in A Good Way

Chapter 12

The sound of the alarm clock reverberated all over my room, making me roll near it with the pillow covering my face and press snooze. Five minutes later, the alarm went off again so I rolled back to hit snooze, but I couldn't feel the clock on the bedside table with my hand anymore even though the sound was still there.

I kept on feeling the things on the table with my hands without looking as the sound of the alarm irritated me more and more, until I couldn't take it anymore.

I sat up on the bed, making the pillow covering my face fall down on my lap. I kept a serious gaze on the woman in front of me who was holding the alarm clock with her right hand and her other hand on her hip.

"Shut that damn thing off." I mumbled at Rachiel and laid back down on the bed, covering my face with the pillow.

A few seconds passed but the alarm still wasn't turned off. It irritated me much more than earlier because the alarm sounds louder this time like she's holding the clock near my ear. I ferociously sat up, making my hair cover my face, "What do you want Rachiel?" I asked her while making sure that she gets the idea that I don't want to be disturbed this time.

She pulled the alarm clock away from me and shut it off, "You've been sleeping for 11 hours, Sophia," She said while placing the alarm clock back on the bedside table, "Get up or I'll have 20 alarm clocks ringing all over your ears."

I groaned and laid back on the bed, burying my face on the pillow. I closed my eyes and felt relaxed until I was almost back in sleeping mode. Good thing Rachiel got the hint that she needs to leave me alone.

I was close to forgetting everything when suddenly, someone suddenly pulled the sheet I was lying on, so sudden that I was taken with it, making me fall off the bed and landing on the tiled floor on my butt. I yelped and groaned afterwards while rolling over and massaging the part where I fell.

"What the heck is your problem?" I asked Rachiel without looking at her as I slowly stood up and faced her.

She crossed her arms on her chest. That was when I noticed that she's dressed up for a walk, "You slept 2:30 AM, Sophia. It's already 2 in the afternoon."

I didn't answer as I turned my head to face the window. The sun shining through the glass window made me cover my face with my arm as I sat back on the bed while scratching the back of my head.

"I'm still sleepy," I complained, "You made me stay up all night, and now you're just pulling and disturbing me like it was my fault that I was forced to watch that vampire movie with you."

"I was going to let you sleep for 8 hours. I started waking you up earlier, 11, I think? But you won't even move a muscle or listen to me until your alarm clock went off. You should be thankful that I just pulled you from the bed and didn't pour cold water all over you. I don't want to pay for someone to change the wet sheets," She said and went near me, grabbed my arm, pulled me towards the bathroom, then shoved my towel on my face she picked up earlier, "Take a bath and get dressed. And I mean hurry."

I was about to complain since I want more sleep but she closed the door right on my face, "Hurry!" She shouted behind the door and the fading sound of footsteps followed just before the sound of the door closing was heard.

Since I can't go back to bed anymore, I decided to head for the showers. The cold water awakened me and turned me back to my senses. I didn't spend long time though, since Rachiel might barge in here and destroy the door if I'm too long in here. Angels.

When I got out, I went to the closet where I kept my clothes. Rachiel told me that I should just use the closet since she doesn't think Mom would be back soon. I obeyed and just texted my Mom asking when she'll be back. But I still haven't received any reply. I'm starting to worry for her.