Chapter 4

*Monday Morning*

My mom didn't take the news that badly. She cried and whaled that my hair was ruined. Then she got mad and said she would sue the salon. Five minutes later she hugged me and said everything would be okay. Seven minutes later she sighed and said it didn't look half bad. In all I think she died on the inside.

After hours of persuasion and whining we agreed that I would just go to school with a hat. She insisted on going with me, but I was out of the house before she could get her purse.

I didn't live that far from my new school. The walk was really peaceful, except for the constant honking of cars and buses. Gotta love New York. After walking three blocks I noticed more people walking to school.

One person in particular caught my eyes. He had grey eyes and was riding his bike towards the front gates of the school. I froze for a second and realized  he was the same guy from the car ride home.

I tugged on my beanie making sure to hide as much of my hair as I could. It was probably my imagination, but I felt like everyone was watching me.

"Hey new girl." I heard a familiar voice say. I turn to find Megan jogging up to me. Behind her I can make out someone with curly hair.

"What's up Meg?" I say while trying to get a better look at curly. Once they're about a couple steps away from me I see that curly is a guy.

"Carter this is my friend Dylan. He's a real cutey, ain't that right Dylan?" She teases.

"Don't start with me woman. Sorry about her, we're not friends we're step siblings. My mom married her mom." Dylan says in a flat tone. That's a remark you don't hear everyday.

Megan stares at me for a second then pulls off my beanie. Her eyes widen and she just stares. I snatch the beanie back and frown.

"Don't laugh." I mumble.

"Y-Your hair is...pink?" She keeps looking, then after a couple minutes she bursts out laughing. "Wow Carter you really went all out on first impressions."

I roll my eyes and begin to walk to my first class. I hope this day gets better.

*Class*

First and second period weren't that bad. I'm not a fan of the subjects, but the teachers seem cool.

Walking into third period I was lucky enough to hear the instructions my teacher already started giving.

"Thank you class for waiting in the back. I'm Ms. Corrine. I have assigned seats for you (the students groan). And before you ask, no you may not switch; these will be your seats for the year." Ms. Corrine begins to point to where people sit.

After fifteen minutes of pointing and nagging students I begin to zone out. I love English and literature , but right now I'd rather be somewhere else.

"Carter..."

"Carter."

"Ms. Carter can you please pay attention!" I snap back to reality and realize she was pointing to my seat. I can feel my cheeks becoming red and mumble a thank you.

I slouch down in my seat and try to cover my face with my beanie.

"Hey...Carter right? Can I call you Cartie? Anyways, I'm Josh. You're the new girl?" I turn to my right and see a really hot guy that's way taller then me. I was lost in his grey eyes. They looked like the beginning of a hurricane. Stirring with different emotions. Wait a sec....grey eyes? He's the guy!

"Huh? Oh right. Yeah that's me. I'm Carter and no don't call me Cartie." He smiles and looks over his shoulder, then back to me. I felt really awkward when he looked me up and down. Was he...like analyzing me?

" Not to be cocky or anything but I'm kind of a big deal around here. I guess you could say I'm famous. Any girl would kill to have your seat." Josh says. He gives me s toothy grin sand runs his hand through his hair.

Not going to lie he has the looks of a god. He has charcoal black hair that bring out his eyes. He has a sharp jaw line that could probably cut me. His sense in clothes wasn't bad. The most hot thing about him was his smile, other than his eyes of course. It was playful and lit up his face. I can see why girls like him.

" Not to be rude but that sounded very cocky. If any girl would kill to sit here then maybe I can get a good deal. You won't care though right? Of course you don't." I wasn't going to let anyone feel bigger then me.

"As lovely as that sounds Cartie, you're stuck with me. Better get used to it." Josh winks then leans back in his chair.

We were in the middle of class reading independently, then Josh opens his mouth." You don't have me figured out."

"Excuse me?" I ask raising my eyebrow. He may be hot as hell but I know a fuckboy when I see one.

"You think you know me, I can tell by the way you act, but you don't. I'm different then most guys." He leans in closer and I move back. Josh chuckles and moves closer again. I keep moving back and he keeps moving closer until I fall off my chair.

Once I stood up I saw everyone staring at me. I look down and see my beanie on the floor. Oh shit...

"Uh Ms. Corrine can I use the bathroom?!" I didn't give her time to answer before I run out. Damn my stupid hair.