Chapter 23

"Settle down class, I am aware that you are all excited to start your well earned break, however I must give you your pre-semester project. Finals week may be over, but that does not mean we cannot be prepared for next semester," my English teacher's voiced dragged on for billions of lifetimes repetitively stating why we needed to be prepared, why we were starting our semester project before the first one was over and...blah blah blah.

It wasn't until some brave soul interrupted her, when she gave us our project. It wasn't very difficult, a simple podcast to go along with your essay; however having a partner was going to become difficult.

At the mention of partners the class began to buzz with chatter like a busy bee hive. Once again the teacher silences us and delivers news I was hopping she wouldn't.

"You may have partners...but they will be with the person you're sitting next to." Those simple words were enough to leave me breathless. A major project and I had to create it with...Josh?!

Not a minute later my arm shoots up into the air. "Um...is there any way we can opt out of having a partner." Around me I felt the storm of glares aimed at me from all the girls who would die to be partners with josh, I swear even Mrs. Corrine seemed surprised by my question. Her surprise was easily replaced by an uncaring gaze, and like a duck during hunting season, my suggestion was shot down.

"Aww did the poor baby not get her way?" A taunting voice from beside me whispered. With a roll of my eyes I gathered my things before the bell could ring, now wasn't the time to deal with Josh and his bizarre mood swings.

The repetitive ring of the bell echoed throughout the room as the throng of people shuffled their way out into the hallway, me being the first one out. My love for English begins to extinguish, the subject that one brought me a sense of peace now haunts me of the boy and the night full of stars. Seeing his nicely featured every day beside me was like being dragged down into an abyss. He only cracked my wall, but it felt like he had broken it down completely. 

Lost in my own mind I hadn't realized I was suddenly being guided away from the crowd of people rushing to their next class. The person was gripping my wrist tightly causing me to hiss at them, my right hand swung at the stranger causing my backpack to greet their stomach. As they clutched their wound I ran off. 

With the halls empty I knew classes must have been in session. With my legs beating against the tiled floor I scurried turning from corner to corner, not far from behind me footsteps came to life sounding desperate to keep up. They're following me. The venomous thought bust inside my mind causing fear to spread through me. Who could be following me? 

My footing became sloppy the longer I ran causing me to nearly trip. I was exhausted all my muscles began screaming begging me to stop running. Inside my head I mentally cursed myself for not taking the time to becoming somewhat decently in shape. Finally knees buckle from underneath me and I collapse onto the floor taking deep breaths. My potential kidnapper didn't see my pitiful move coming as they suddenly trip over my body landing roughly beside me. 

Getting to my feet I kick them in the stomach,a hand grabs my foot before as I go for another kick, bringing me back t the floor. With a heavy grunt they drag me closer them. "He-!" Before I can finish yelling a hand covers my mouth. No matter how much I kick and punch they manage to tug me towards an exit. 

Where are all the teachers?!  Everything starts become obvious...this was planned. Someone knew today was a half day, they knew where the exits were going to be, they knew where I was heading. Resisting would only make things worse so I didn't bother to, instead I tried to look for holes in their plot, possible ways fro me to escape.

When we reach a parking lot my heart begins to beat wildly, I begin to fear that my captor can hear me, my pride wouldn't allow them the satisfaction of seeing me afraid; taking deep breaths I did what I could to calm my beating heart. Coming to a stop, I took the opportunity to further observe my kidnapper. From the hold they had on me I couldn't see much except their black Vans worn with time and their baggy blue jeans.

The engine of a car purrs in greeting from behind us, a soft fabric masks my eyes, a brilliant crimson red that could match the color of potential blood some time soon. I should have fought longer, maybe if I wasn't thinking of Josh I could have been home by now. At a time like this  thinking about what could have been won't do anything for me. 

To my surprise I feel soft hands gently guiding me inside what I can assume is the back seat of a car. Once I'm seated they disappear, nothing could ever prepare me for the sudden bolt of movement, landing me on the floor. Floor? I'm not in a regular car I'm in a..van. To my pleasure the carpeted floor has a lingering smell of coffee, when I roll to my side I feel tiny shards peak into my skin. Glass. This a stolen van they had to break into. 

Game over I'm going to probably end up in a ditch missing limbs. Mom would mourn for me but her life would move on along with Chase's. She would go on to marry Frank as Chase graduates high school, the college, then eventually marry and have kids of his own. 

All I could do now was comply with whatever they wanted to save myself some time. Sniffing the carpet once more I realized the scent seemed familiar. I couldn't grasp where I had smelled this sent before, it appeared I never would as two sets of hands hoisted me up and out of the van. Murmured whispered surfaced as a third person showed up. He seemed angry from the way he was harshly barking at them.

My crimson blindfold was lifted revealing an apologetic looking Dylan.

--------------------------------------------

Guess who updated her covers! I really hope you guys like them along with the story, let me know what you think. Should I changed them back or leave them? If you enjoy this story please check out my second story Saturn. I really enjoy writing out these stories, I hope you like reading them.