Chapter 11

School was finally over, the weekend begins. The weekend will be either very eventful, or it will be another regular stay at home weekend. I don't really get invited to hang out on the weekends. My old friends understood how my mom worked, and didn't bother making plans with me outside of school. Rarely, they would ask and even rarer my mom would let me go. I'd be lucky if my mom even considered letting me go.

Dylan and I began walking home. He didn't say a word when we left campus, he just found me and started walking. When we walk together we're usually close together, but today he's about arms length away, it's like he doesn't want to be with me.

"So how were the rest of your classes?" I asked while trying to close the space between us. With every step I took closer to him he took a step further away from me. Minutes went by repeating the same pattern, until he unexpectedly stopped.

"Can I come over?" He asked eagerly. His eyes wouldn't meet mine instead they were glued to the pavement.  Turning to face him I gave him a warm smile. Dylan must take me for a fool if he thought that I wouldn't see right past his act. I took a step forward and playfully punched his left shoulder. "Um..ow."

"Dylan don't be a weenie I barely touched you. If you wanna come over then I'll grant your request, but  you have to tell me what's been making you so...aloof." He rolled his green eyes and a faint smiled spread across his face. His eyes met mine and he sighed in a way that signaled defeat. I, myself, released a shaky breath. Calling out Dylan's behavior had me thinking there might be a possibility of him becoming upset. I've never had a fight with him and I don' plan on having one now. A fight with Dylan could result in me not only losing him, but also losing the small group of friends I've come to like.

After a brief silence Dylan agreed to tell me what was wrong, he decided it was best if we talked once we got to my house. Something really bad must be going on if he doesn't feel comfortable talking about it in an open place. The thing that's weird and kind of surprising to me is that he agreed to tell me what's bothering him. My old friends would've just brushed me off if I asked. Even though I've known my old friends longer, I wouldn't feel this sad over them like I do for Dylan right now. 

"Carter you've had your head in the skies the entire walk. Aren't you going to open the door before your mom puts me through another security check again?" Out of all the friend's I've made Dylan has been over my house the most. It makes my mom go insane, leaving me happy since she's always inviting Frank over. In a way this is my for her. What makes it even better is that Dylan is a teenage boy. Although he's totally harmless, my mom sees him as the stereotypical teenage boy with homogeneous urges. With these thoughts in mind there have been often times where my mom would give him a prisoner style pat down. 

Opening the door, the scent of cinnamon hit me like a brick wall. Dylan must have been impacted the same way, he looked down at me with wide eyes. I lead the way to the kitchen. Surprisingly my mom was perched on the dining table, her back facing me, while on the other side sat Frank. His dark eyes found mine and his smile faded to a frown. My mom must have guessed who was behind her, because once she saw Frank's facial expression change she stiffened and took a cautious look my way. I returned her look with a hurricane of glares. 

Whipping her mouth with a napkin she stood up, not long after Frank did the same but in a more hasten manor. Dylan gave my shoulder a light squeeze. My mom looked at Dylan then down at me, her eyes switching from cautious to demanding. "Why didn't you tell me your friend was coming over today Carter. Pardon my manors." She turned to Frank and smiled. "This is my Carter's friend Dylan."

Frank made his way over to us taking a stand next to my mother. "Dylan, please to meet you. I'm sure Carter has told you something about me considering I'm here every weekend and sometimes around diner. Funny, Cassandra tells me you're here nearly every day, yet I'm barely meeting you know." His hand was making it's way towards Dylan's, out of my pettiness I took a step to the right and stopped him from making contact with Dylan. 

Dylan coughed awkwardly and I felt him take a step back. "Nice to meet you sir. Um hey Car-" I Interrupted Dylan, the scent of cinnamon still lingered, it wasn't as strong as the first time, but it was still there. "Mother you hate cinnamon, I would never think to see it here much less to smell it." Her hands became tight fists, my mouth emitted a threatening smile. Frank looked down at my mom with a surprised glance. "Anyways," I continued "I'll be upstairs in my room with Dylan, alone, and I don't want to be disturbed so I'm locking the door." And with those final words I grabbed Dylan's hand and ran upstairs to my room a faint 'Carter!' followed us, but I ignored it. 

Slamming the door shut I pressed my back to the door and slid sown to a sitting position. Dylan took a seat on my bed. I sent a small smirk his way and said, "now tell mama carter what's bugging her child."

___________________________________________________

I am very sorry for the late update, but here I deliver to you Chapter 11 in all it's glory.

Every Little Thingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें