Chapter 20

The mask was itchy and hard to see through, of course it didn't help that it was a two dollar beanie with eye holes cut into it. However I soon ignored the mask once Josh's scent filled my nose; a lovely combination of ocean mist and mint soap. His idea for me to wear his hoodie was brilliant, it hid my obvious pink hair and any hint that my figure  could be feminine. Well...it's not like I had a very lady like figure without it.

Once I made my way to the still van I pulled out the club from the bag, gazing carefully around me that no one was looking my way. The coolness of the metal made the frail hairs on the back of my neck stand. Was I really capable of this?

"Psst..." From a far away lamp post Josh signaled for my attention. Looking over at him, he made a gesture for me to hurry up. Even though I was on the other side of the street, I could see him perfectly in my hoodie. I didn't think he would wear mine, he probably got cold, either way I was going to get a picture of him in it.

My eyes studied my reflection on the window of the front passenger side. All I had to do was break it then press the button that unlocks all the doors.

Taking multiple breathes I closed my eyes and swung. A symphony of shattered glass covered the ground and the inside of the car. Opening my eyes My eyes widen at what I had done, the adrenaline in my veins called for me to do more. It was probably more of my anger speaking, I still wasn't over them ignoring me.

Seconds later the car's alarm screams into the night. I stood frozen for as mall eternity until I felt two hands on my shoulders. In panic I swung at the owner of the hands. The club made contact with a familiar face and before I knew it he was on the floor holding onto the left side of his forehead. Droplets of rain began to great the Earth and soon it was pouring. Standing up, my victim yanked my weapon away.

"Carter what the hell! I swe-" He took a long look at me then reached inside the car and a second later all the doors unlocked. "Carter hurry the fuck up or I'll leave your ass here!" 

Sprinting to the back of the  van I clutched my bag and ran down the street towards the store we bought the beanie from. From behind I heard shouts and screams, I knew the voices in distress and on the inside I felt accomplished rather then guilty. In some sense I guess you could say I was giving them the message to suck it.

Gasping for breath I rushed to the corner Josh had told me the cameras didn't reach. I thought the cashier had seen me but she was reading a magazine. Apparently magazines full of celebrity nonsense had a mesmerizing affect. Rolling my eyes I took off Josh's hoodie and covered my duffel bag with. Then I slowly sunk to the floor and waited for him. 

Ring after ring, the bell on top of the door constantly rang and I wondered if Josh fled to another place. Maybe he thought I was following him. Or...there was too much blood loss from where I hit him and he fainted. What was I going to do now?! The only option I could think of is to go back and see if he's there. 

Grabbing my bag I sunk out through the back door and made my way back towards the van. In my hand I clung to the beanie hoping in some way it would guide me to him. A hand wrapped around and tugged me in the opposite direction. Before I could yank myself free a voice whispered in my ear, "keep walking they're not far behind us, they split up into groups." His smooth, even voice brought me a sense of peace and I did as he said.

Avoiding all street lights we made it an empty park and sat on a park bench. I released a heavy breathe as I leaned against his shoulder."Josh where did you go?" Sitting up I remembered I had hit him and lifted his hair to see a bloody blotch on the corner of his forehead.I gasped and he quickly moved my hand.

"I was running behind you, but then I felt the money in my pocket and realized I forgot to leave it on the front seat. I had to hide behind a tree since your 'little boyfriend' was on the phone next to the van. He ended up spotting me and started yelling, he ran over to me yelling. He sure yaps a lot for a nerdy guy, anyways I just through the money at him and ran, of course the asshole ran after me, so I had to lose him. Once I was walking back I saw you and the rest happened like five minutes ago."

I blinked twice as he told his story so nonchalantly. My hands sat on my lap and I gazed guiltily at my shoes. "I'm sorry I hit you.." His warm hand rested on my shoulder, as he turned my head to face him. "Carter it's fine, if anything it was pretty badass." He whispered. In the darkness I was glad he couldn't see the pink tinting my cheeks.

He stood up and I followed. "Let's get you home new girl." His arm snaked around my waste as he called for an uber. 

I couldn't help but melt into him, and that wasn't a good thing. For tonight I pretended it was, I ignored my wall as we waled through the night. Josh was bringing another side out of me, one I didn't know I had.  

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for being patient with me! :) I know I'm terrible at updating, but bare with me I'm trying.  

Before I leave I would like to update you all on some news. *drum roll* I'm starting a new book! Yes I know I can barely keep up with, but have faith my friends! Also, I'm continuing another book. Originally I was co-writing it but life happened and now I'm taking charge of it.

The first chapter of the book I'm starting will most likely be posted on Friday or Saturday. The next chapter of the book I'm continuing does not have a release date...yet.

As always, thanks for reading. Please vote and comment, it means a lot to me. :) Tell me what you think of the plot and characters.