Chapter Three

Lucy sat in the kitchen and read the newspaper, like she did most days. Things never really changed. She was already dressed for the day and had eaten, when she got up early this morning. Earlier, Harry had watched his wife get up, to see if she had morning sickness. There was no such thing to her. She merely took a shower and got ready for the day.

"No coffee," Harry reminded her when he came into the kitchen.

Without hesitation, Lucy's scariest stare fell upon him, and he immediately moved away from her.

"I'm off," she said after glancing at the time.

Harry stopped her in her tracks with his body. "Be safe. I love you." A smile hadn't left his face.

Rolling her eyes, she left him standing there in the kitchen. Tony, her bodyguard, waited outside by the car, fixing his jacket before getting into the car. When Lucy walked outside, he greeted her with a smile. She nodded in his direction and then stopped in front of him.

"I don't want this to be made a big deal out of," she said to him, "because I know everyone will." Her eyes stared forward, at the gates and beyond. She fixed the gloves on her hands. "I'm pregnant." Lucy slid into the car and shut the door herself.

Tony paused outside the door. A smile bloomed on his face. Then he got inside the car.

Harry watched as all of this unfolded from inside the Kensington Palace apartment. Happiness was in his blood and day would be a good day. Harry would make every day a good day.

After eating, Harry took a shower and got ready for the day. The couple had an event tonight, but Harry had nothing today. When they both had days off, the couple went out. They went around London and then sometimes to the countryside. When it was warm enough, they went to the ocean. Lucy loved the ocean. But Harry found himself bored when Lucy was gone and he had the day off. Lucy, when she had the day off, would read or go shopping. She had the ability to rarely be noticed in public when she tried to hide in the shadows. However, today Harry wouldn't be all alone.

He had left a message for his father and brother, and he left the apartment to meet with them at Buckingham Palace. Neither of them had an idea of what Harry had to say, perhaps William had the slightest mindset. Harry, after all, was supposed to talk to Lucy about having a child. Well, that just happened.

Buckingham Palace arose in the streets of London with Harry in the car. His father and brother awaited in a less formal fashion. They were eating lunch when Harry walked in, a smile on his face.

"I assume you discussed things with Lucy, then," William said.

"No need."

"She brought it up with you?" he asked. "That's very interesting of her."

Harry held back a scowl. "There was no need to discuss it because when I got home last night, Lucy told me she is pregnant."

William's fork accidentally clanked on the fine china in front of him, threatening to shatter. Whereas, Charles, Harry's father, looked like he either would have a heart attack or vomit. However, when both faces came up, happiness shined through. The men were elated, matching Harry's own excitement. At least with his blood family, Harry was able to join in with the smiles; Lucy seemed rather moody about the whole thing. Both of the men congratulated Harry, with pats on the back and hugs.

"Morning sickness?" William asked, knowing how Catherine, his wife, had horrid morning sickness.

"No," Harry said. "Though, I think she might be moody, and, oh, smells get to her. She told me I wasn't allowed to wash my hair with certain shampoos in the house. But I don't know if it makes her sick; she just looks annoyed."

Charles wished to hear more details so Harry sat down and had lunch with them.

When Harry returned to Kensington Palace, Lucy was already home and she waited in the living room. Siobhan babbled on in front of her, which could only be assumed that Lucy told Siobhan. Once Harry entered, he knew for sure. From what he heard, Lucy and Siobhan already discussed the twelve week rule, then perhaps the public could know. Lucy pushed for later, and Siobhan glanced at Harry as he walked in.

"Fourteen weeks," Siobhan said. "We could push it, but once you start showing fully, the public will find out. We cannot keep it hidden forever, ma'am, and we need to tell the public before they figure it out, unless in extreme cases."

Lucy head rested in her hands as she looked down at the floor. Harry sat down on the couch beside her. "Fine, fourteen weeks," she agreed, pushing hair out of her face. Harry hesitated but his wife caught on to his hesitation quickly. "What?" Lucy demanded.

"Well, Luce, I know you're not going to like it--"

"Then don't say it."

Harry gave her a nice smile. "I would like you to do less events."

"No." She didn't think about it.

"Ma'am," Siobhan said, "I think it might be wise. You do a lot of events already, more than some other royals. Because of this, it might be wise to slim back a little. You'll be tired more often, especially as the child grows and then comes into the world."

Lucy stared at her personal assistant. "Working mom."

"Luce--"

"Don't expect me to stay at home with the baby, Harry. You can do that. I want to work. I need to work."

"How about," Harry chose his words carefully, "perhaps the events should change a little?" There was pause as he waited. "Luce, you tend to do a lot of events, sometimes events that aren't safe."

"Like what?"

"We went to a chemical plant three months ago."

"Fine."

Siobhan left the apartment, and Harry snuggled closer to her. Lucy just sat there and took it.