Chapter Fifty-Two

January 2027

A few days after the new year came in, it finally struck Lucy what she missing. She had been making lunch for the boys, cutting up sandwiches, when she nicked herself with the knife. Blood oozed out of the wound. No pain came. Lucy wiped off the blood on a towel, and that made her remember.

Harry came in with the boys and they sat down at the table.

"I'll be back," Lucy said.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Harry asked. She made herself a sandwich too.

"I'll be back." She rushed up the stairs and into their bathroom. Not remembering where things were, she threw around things in the cupboards. There weren't any boxes. She sighed and went back downstairs. Harry was almost done with his sandwich but Henry and Freddie had only taken a few bites. "Is Siobhan coming in today?" Lucy asked.

Harry nodded. "Later. Why?"

"I need her to pick up something." Lucy messaged her assistant and put down the mobile.

"What?" he asked.

Walking over, Lucy slid her hand on his shoulder and a smile on her face. "I need her to pick up a few pregnancy tests."

Harry coughed up some food, but at least he didn't choke. Drinking water, he managed to clear his throat. "Do you think that you're pregnant?" He tried to keep his voice low but failed.

"What's pregnant?" Freddie asked.

"Later," Lucy pointed at him. Turning her attention back to her husband, she kept her voice low, "My period is late."

"How late?"

"Three weeks."

Harry coughed again. "How didn't you notice?"

"I have very stressful life, Weasley. I have two little boys to take care of and my duties to do, and constantly not trying to trip in public is difficult." She smiled at her boys. "And I thought you would be happy."

"I am happy."

"You could've fooled me."

"Luce--"

Her mobile dinged and she retrieved it, sighing. Siobhan was picking some up for her; she was a life saver. Lucy sat down at the table and ate the sandwich, talking to Freddie and Henry. Harry said nothing else about what was going on, and Freddie didn't bring up pregnant again.

An hour later, Siobhan showed up. It had been a long and awkward hour. They just wanted to know if Lucy was pregnant or not. For other people, it was easier, because they gave off some form of other symptoms of pregnancy. Lucy didn't get tenderness in the breasts or morning sickness. Sometimes she was cranky, but that didn't come from pregnancy. The only symptom was that her period stopped. Stress could've caused that.

"Siobhan," Lucy called with the bag in hand, "would you mind watching the boys for five minutes?"

She nodded.

Lucy and Harry headed upstairs, shutting themselves into their bedroom and then into their bathroom. Closing the door, Lucy immediately undid her jeans and sat down on the toilet. Harry watched her. "You're not helping," she said when nothing came out of her.

"Do you want me to get water for you or something?"

"No, I have to pee. You're just staring at me." Lucy reached over and grabbed some of the sticks. She made Siobhan get five from different brands. Lucy had always been one to want to the clearest possible answer. She wanted to be sure. Five sticks would've been sure.

Harry sighed and looked around. As soon as he did that, Lucy immediately started to pee. Switching out all the sticks, she placed them on their boxes and finished up. Harry had timer going for three minutes, when all sticks would've shown an answer. Lucy washed her hands.

"Luce, if you're pregnant," Harry smiled, "we're going to have a baby."

She flipped her hair back and smiled. "Yeah, and you better hope it's a girl because I'm done after this one."

"Actually, you should hope it's a girl," Harry stated, "or you have another boy to deal with."

"God help us." She rolled her eyes and they waited. Her stomach twisted and hurt as she waited for answer. Usually it didn't take this long, but it was the first time she waited with Harry beside her. He basically was jumping up and down in excitement.

Harry whistled slightly. "You don't normally have a hard time peeing in front of me?"

"Yeah," she agreed, "but you were making me nervous."

"How was I making you nervous?"

"What if I missed the stick? It's hard for girl, but then again, it's hard for you too even with your better aiming tool." She sighed. "Harry, we don't even know if I'm pregnant. There's a good chance that it's just stress. Thinking back, when is the last time we had unprotected sex. I can't remember."

"Maybe the condom broke."

"Did it?" she asked.

Harry thought about it. "I don't know. Maybe it did at some point, especially because we were having sex a lot then, like a lot." He smiled. "I mean, perhaps we forgot once when we were doing a quickie."

"Yes, a quickie. That's what I want to hear."

Harry opened his mouth to say something but stopped as the timer went off. She blocked the path to see them, but she hadn't turned yet. Lucy stared straight at him.

"Whatever happens next, we're good. We're calm."

Lucy flipped around and Harry rushed beside her. On the five pregnancy tests, all of them had the same answer: positive. Lucy and Harry were pregnant again.

Immediately, Harry grabbed Lucy and put her to his chest. A smile couldn't be wiped off his face. He was too happy as he jumped up and down, laughing. They were having a baby! His laughter filled the bathroom. His heartbeat quickened and he began to sweat. Lucy felt the same way but she kept it quite calm. Lucy was happy too; she wanted a girl too, but she would've been happy with another boy. Her happiness was more pulled in.

"We're having a baby," Harry sighed. "We're having another baby!" He kissed Lucy deeply, but that was how they got into this situation.

Lucy sighed and checked the time. "We have to go downstairs. Siobhan has a job to do still."

Harry kissed her again and then they went downstairs. Siobhan played with the little boys, who were getting a new little sibling. The personal assistant looked over to Lucy, and the princess nodded. Siobhan smiled and mouthed Congratulations. Harry and Lucy sat down with their boys but said nothing about the new sibling coming. Later they would, and it perhaps would be a big shock.