Chapter Sixteen

Harry rubbed Lucy's belly absentmindedly. His eyes watched the television in front of him. The couple had sat down for some movies on a last date night without a child. Underneath Harry's hand, his son kicked.

"You're going to miss this," Lucy warned.

"What exactly?"

"The quietness, how we can do whatever we want when we want, how we can watch what we want, how loud we want, we can say what we want," she listed. "We can eat what we want. We can do anything we want." Lucy's eyes met Harry's, and there was a mysterious twinkle in her eyes.

"Right now?" Harry asked with a smirk.

"You can go for it," Lucy said. "I'm way too tired."

Harry leaned back into the couch and smiled. "Remember when we would do that, just ignore the film and have some fun?"

Lucy blushed slightly. "Oh, those days." Her eyes met his. "Now, we'll have to plan out when to have sex, maybe pencil it in. Does Thursday work for you?"

He chuckled, his eyes on her. "It's one of our last nights of freedom, don't you think?"

"I don't think we've ever been free, Prince Charming." Lucy pushed herself off of him.

"Well, we should make it count." Harry planted his lips on her, beckoning her to come forward. His lips were heavy, needing, and he kept going.

"Not what I had in mind," Lucy said between kisses.

"You did get up."

"Yeah, I have to pee." Lucy stopped kissing immediately and slowly pushed herself off the couch.

Harry watched her go, belly in the front. One baby was in there, his son, but Lucy looked like she ate a planet. Lucy, of course, was still beautiful to Harry; she always would've been. Lucy just had natural beauty about her. The belly was massive, like the baby spread himself out as much as he could. Lucy waddled when she walked, like her legs couldn't hold the weight. Lucy was tall and filled out, but you never would've known with the large belly. The belly hung low now, which meant the baby was to come soon. Harry watched Lucy now, but there weren't any signs of pain.

Eventually, Lucy came back to the living room eventually. She had food in her hands, which Harry to hold so she could sit down properly. The food was automatically given back to her, none was ever taken by her. Harry tried that once and almost had his head snapped off. He knew better now.

His wife leaned against her husband again and chewed on some crisps. After a few minutes, Lucy yawned and put down the food. Lucy buried her face into Harry's shoulder.

"Tired?" he asked with a smirk.

"Obviously." Lucy looked up. "There is a fetus inside of me, taking half of everything I do and eat. And I have to pee all the time. And I'm hungry all the time. And I'm tired all the time. And I'm hot all the time."

"You were hot all the time before, Luce."

Lucy blushed. "The baby is heavy, Ginger, it's heavy. And my skin feels all the way stretched out. And I ache everywhere."

Harry smiled. "Just remember: we'll be able to hold our baby in our arms soon." He kissed the top of her head. "How tired are you?" he asked.

"Hmm?"

"Like you could fall asleep right now? Or you could fall asleep in a couple hours?" he rephrased.

"I could fall asleep in a couple hours." Lucy's eyes narrowed on her husband. "Why? What did you have in mind?" She really wasn't in the mood for any hanky-panky tonight.

Harry kissed her on the forehead and hopped up. "I'll be back."

He disappeared upstairs with quick feet. Lucy waited in the living room and heard Harry's feet above her. He was quick but heavy. Then his heavy feet ran down the stairs. Lucy listened to Harry in the kitchen until there was a thumping from a bass. Then a high voice filled the Kensington Palace apartment. Harry returned to the living room and held out his hands. There was a mysterious smirk on his face.

"May I have this dance?" Harry asked.

Lucy took his hands while he helped her out. The most space was in the kitchen, and he took her there. The music roared but there weren't many neighbors around. The current neighbors were out on holiday. The curtains were pulled closed, like always, but it was light enough out that no one would've seen them. Lucy liked to close them when Harry chose to have a dance party, to protect herself from the embarrassment that was Prince Harry's dancing.

Harry moved to the music, twisting his body in weird formations. As the music pumped, he threw his chest out and in. He tried to twist his hips, shaking them slightly, but he shook his whole body instead. He rolled his shoulders back and forth, ready for the chorus to kick in. His eyes twinkled with happiness as Lucy stood in the doorway.

"Come dance."

"Someday I'll teach you how to dance properly." Lucy took his hands.

"Then where would the entertainment come from?" Harry asked, thrusting his pelvis to the music.

Lucy tried not to laugh. "Wow. That's sexy."

Harry winked.

The music picked up again. Harry had much easier time moving his body than Lucy did. No longer could Lucy do what she used to be able to do, even when she danced for fifteen years. Her body didn't move than way anymore. Harry flapped his arms wildly to get a rise out of her, which he succeeded. Lucy only laughed at her husband. He smiled broadly at her.

Slowly the song faded into a softer tone with a low piano key. Harry went up to his wife and tipped her head back. He kissed her deeply, refusing to let go. Once he did, his arms snaked around her, holding her as close as he could. If one was at a formal event, there would've been the usual waltz. In the private, Harry liked to hold Lucy close. They swayed, looking in each other's eyes.

"You're handsome," Lucy said.

Harry pretended to blush. "I'll try to remember that the next time the media is mean to me."

"Have they ever called you ugly?"

"When I was a child. Wills used to be the attractive one of us."

Lucy snorted but gave no actual response. Slowly her eyes drifted off to the music player. Lucy removed herself from his arms and turned the music on loud and fast. It filled the room.

"Come on," she said. "One of the last nights."

"To new beginnings?"

"The last hurrah."