Chapter Thirty-Nine

Waking up on his fortieth birthday, it was rainy outside in London, of course. He woke up with Lucy beside him, naked in bed. Thankfully, Freddie decided to sleep last night, and Harry quite enjoyed the darkness and Lucy. Peaceful while sleeping, Lucy's blonde hair was pushed back so that her face showed. He stared at the ceiling, a little while longer, with happiness pumping through his veins.

Lucy awoke slowly and her eyes narrowed on him in the dim light. Rolling over, she pressed her lips to his and then settled down with her head on his chest. "Happy birthday," she said, "Weasley."

He chuckled. His chest rumbled. "You're beautiful, Luce."

"Every day." Shaking her hair back, her eyes met her husband's. Her body half laid on his. "How does it feel to be old?"

Smirking, his hands ran across Lucy's body. "How does it feel to be married to an old man?"

"Thirteen years," she said.

"Three years until you're thirty."

"Oh God, what will I do with myself?" Lucy laughed. "I'll be so old."

"You'll still be beautiful." He brushed her hair from her face. "And I'll still be handsome."

Lucy rolled her eyes and climbed off on him.

"Oh, Luce, come back to bed," he groaned. "Let's not face the world yet. Let's enjoy ourselves."

"I got you an actual birthday present this year. No more of my body."

He moaned. "The boys aren't awake yet. We still have time."

Standing in front of him, her body was exposed. Lucy didn't mind but she wasn't planning on staying. "You can lay in bed. It is your birthday, but some of us have to take four hours to get ready for your birthday party tonight. I have things to do before then."

"Does it really take you four hours?"

She scoffed and put on some clothes. "Siobhan should be here in an hour. Take your time getting ready."

"Luce," Harry said, "it's my birthday."

"So?" She walked out of the bedroom.

Glancing at the outdoors, rain pounded outside. It was just another dreary day in London, but it didn't matter too much. Harry got out of bed and dressed. Freddie was apparently up and Lucy was making food. Harry checked on the other little boy, who slept a little while longer, but eventually awoke with a scream. The family ate breakfast.

When it became close to noon, Siobhan entered the apartment. She wore a smile on her face as she walked in all cheery. Lucy wore a fake smile on her face because of Siobhan's cheerfulness. Siobhan handed out the schedules for the day, which there wasn't much of anything. Gwen would've been here in an hour to begin Lucy's hair and makeup, so the she was to get in the shower sooner rather than later. Nanny would've taken the boys a little while after that to get them ready. They wouldn't be at the dinner tonight, but they would've made an appearance at the party, in formal outfits. Though Lucy had to get ready sooner than Harry, it would still take him an hour for him to wear his tux correctly.

Everything was put into gear. Lucy went upstairs and got into the shower. Harry stayed with his sons, even after Nanny showed up. Gwen was quick to come, with the designer dress in her hands, along with shoes and extra things. Harry wanted to see the dress, but she responded, "Not until the product is finished." Gwen went upstairs. Harry said nothing, because he knew how much Lucy loved to be called a product.

Harry spent more time with his sons, before he was sent upstairs himself. The dress was still in the bag hanging up, but Lucy's hair was done and her makeup was on the verge of being finished. Gwen carefully applied liner to Lucy's lips to make them fuller-looking. Harry took the shower, taking a long time. When he did come out, Lucy was in the dress, a deep purple that clung to her body. She turned around and smiled at him. His eyes went wide.