Chapter Twenty-Four

Gwen had taken Lucy into a room to do her hair and makeup properly. Harry dressed in a black, five piece tux. He played with Freddie now before Freddie spent the rest of his night with the nanny. He laid on the floor with Freddie as he crawled around, looking for toys. The couple only brought a few with them. Freddie hadn't been happy that his favorite toy hadn't been here, but had eventually gotten used to the idea of other toys.

When Lucy reappeared again, she wore a sparkling green dress with lace on the arms. The green of the dress matched her eyes, which managed to pop out. Gwen had certainly done a good job making them look larger. The makeup on her face wasn't the usual but the perfect makeup done for every formal event, which included balls.

All balls were formal events but not all formal events were balls, which was the same mentality of all thumbs were fingers but not all fingers were thumbs. This meant that for balls, Lucy had her choice of jewelry from the royal collection. There were certain things that she was allowed to choose from, and most of the time, she was given a collection that went with the dress and she pointed to one. Lucy had never been one for jewelry.

However, when meeting with other royal families from Europe, for females, tiaras were in order. Lucy's tiara wasn't large, not that she wanted a large one, but it was spectacular. It fit snugly on her head, brushing her already up hair back. It was always funny to Lucy how her hair up wasn't a feminine quality until she wore a tiara, as if not to take from its beauty. The Scroll Tiara had recently been used by Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, but since Catherine had bigger and better tiaras now, it had been passed onto the Princess Lucille of Wales. Of course, Lucy wasn't to be the Princess of Wales forever, neither would've Harry. Once Prince Andrew passed away, the Duke and Duchess of York would've been passed onto Harry and Lucy.

 Once Prince Andrew passed away, the Duke and Duchess of York would've been passed onto Harry and Lucy

Harry stood up. "You look amazing."

"I always do, Prince Charming." She kissed him on the cheek, careful of her lipstick. "How's Freddie?"

"Crawling non-stop." He looked down at his son who managed to run into a few things but bounced off and was fine. "He's a quick one."

"He's a survivor." Lucy bent down and picked up her son, hugging him. "We're going to go now, kiddo. You're going to be a good kiddo, right? Not going to fuss at all, and eat all your food, and you're going to go to bed on time, right?"

Freddie didn't seem interested with his mother at this moment, rather at all the toys on the ground.

"Okay, kiddo." She kissed him on the head and set him down.

Harry waved goodbye to their son as they left the embassy and worked their way to Drottningholm Palace. The place seemed packed even upon arriving, with many people outside. Even more photographers and paparazzi showed up for the pictures, any pictures that could've been taken. Harry got out of the car first and put down his hand for his wife, which she took. Bright flashes of light landed on them, quickly and strongly. He led her way to the walkway, which they paused once again for photos. They smiled and then turned to go inside.

The orchestra was heard from outside, along with the loud voices. Laughter bounced off the walls. Soon enough, being inside, it got louder. It was easy to tell the female royals, who all wore tiaras on their heads. Lucy was no different with the Scroll Tiara. She wore her engagement and wedding rings, along with other pieces of jewelry that went with her outfit.

After going through the procession again with the Swedish royals of Queen Victoria and Prince Daniel, and their children beside them, the Prince and Princess of Wales entered a large ballroom. The orchestra played non-stop with already people dancing. Harry guided her to the side of the room for refreshments. Princess Lucille never was one to drink alcohol, but in these events, she blended in with a glass of champagne in her hand that she never actually drank from. Only did the glass get tipped back that it touched her closed lips and drop back into the glass.

"Princess Lucille," HRH Prince Sebastien said, "may I have this dance?"

Prince Harry of Wales did nothing. He couldn't stop his wife.

"I would love this dance. Thank you." Lucy set down her glass and joined HRH Prince Sebastien on the dance floor.

"I am sorry to take you away from your husband, but I heard he is not quite the dancer."

"He tries hard," she said. "That's what counts."

HRH Prince Sebastien smiled. "May I be frank, Princess Lucille?"

"You're Sebastien, but if you feel the need to change your name, why would I stop you?"

His eyes slid down to her, and she smiled nicely at him. "The Prince of Wales does not usually come to these events, no one really ever from the British Monarchy. And I heard a rumor that you're changing things up within the monarchy."

"They have evolved more and more into modern day."

"Yes, but this is interesting. I think you convinced him to come." HRH Prince Sebastien glanced at Prince Harry. "Every year, we send an invitation to the British Monarchy, and usually there are the sincerest apologies that they cannot make it. And then you show up and join the party."

"I would've shown up earlier, Prince Sebastien, if I was aware of such invitations."

"Next year," he said, "we'll send it to you directly." He laughed slightly. "How did you hear of it this year?"

"Sometimes they allow me some freedom, and I have been ever so bored at home."

"You have a child to take care of?"

"I love my child, but he has a nanny and another parent. Yet, people believe that only the mother should take care of him." Lucy paused. "I have a duty to my people, and that is to go out, smile and wave, as well as do anything ridiculous as they want me to do."

HRH Prince Sebastien laughed. "Of course. Of course."

There was a clearing of a throat behind Princess Lucille, and she laughed expected Prince Harry to be there. It was, in fact, King Felipe VI stood behind her. "May I have this dance?"

"Of course," both of them said.

Princess Lucille began to waltz with King Felipe VI of Spain. Soon enough, she made it around the room, dancing with many royals, especially many husbands and kings, like the King of Belgium and King Willem-Alexander of Holland. When Princess Lucille had danced with everyone, she returned to Prince Harry's side.

"You're popular tonight," he smirked.

Princess Lucille smiled. "They know I like to dance."

"Well, then, I shouldn't let you stop." Harry put down his drink. "May I have this dance, your highness?"

"Yes, Prince Charming."