Chapter Twenty-Three

The airplane flight to Stockholm was rather short compared to other flights. Freddie fussed in the beginning as they went into the air, with his ears beginning to plug. Eventually, he fell asleep in Harry's arms. Lucy changed into her outfit to meet the royal family of Sweden. Sitting back down, Lucy flipped through a catalog of royal families around Europe and the members that were supposed to be there today. She made most of the memorized but the last thing she wanted to was mess up in front of them.

Upon arriving in Stockholm, the couple and their son were directly taken to Drottningholm Palace. Camera crews were lined up from many different countries, all aiming for royal families. For the first time in a while, members of the British Monarchy arrived. The British media went crazy first, followed by other media outlets as Harry exited the car with Freddie in his arms. Lucy followed.

The British couple turned and smiled at cameras. Freddie laughed at the bright lights, reaching out to try and grab them. After a minute, the couple walked up the steps of Drottningholm Palace and entered.

After how many years of going into beautiful palaces, it still managed to take Lucy's breath away. She had always like history and architecture. Palaces were the perfect places for such. Lucy put her eyes forward, instead of gawking of the beauty. After some stairs, the Swedish royal family stood on top.

Harry was first to greet them, with Freddie in his arms, seeing that children were allowed to this event. The event in the evening was a ball, where children probably shouldn't have been. Harry met them with them, and Lucy curtsied.

"Your highness." She curtsied. "Your majesty." Lucy curtsied after briefly meeting the gaze of Queen Victoria of Sweden. "It's lovely to see you again."

The Queen of Sweden replied, "Yes, I'm very happy to see you again." Her gaze turned to Freddie. "Hello, darling. Aren't you a handsome boy?" The Queen's children smiled at Freddie too.

After introductions, the couple and their son moved into a large room filled with royal families around Europe. Many children played as other royals sat and talked. Herding some of the most prominent families in Europe into one area was not an easy task, especially with many different languages being spoken.

"I might need to keep you near me," Harry said. "I don't speak German." The nearest group spoke German, which Lucy had managed to improve since high school.

"Most, if not all, speak English, Harry. I'm sure you can accomplish that." Lucy took Freddie out her husband's arms and moved away from him.

HRH Princess Claire of Luxembourg waved Lucy over, who sat next to Princess Sofia of Sweden. Soon, HRH Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg joined them. The women talked generously with her. Eventually, Princess Madeleine of Sweden talked with them too. Princess Lucille of Wales spoke in German to HRH Princess Claire while the women gushed over Freddie, who seemed to slowly took in everyone around him.

Prince Harry of Wales joined Prince Carl Philip of Sweden with HRH Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and HRH Prince Félix, both from Luxembourg. Soon enough, the last and youngest brother, HRH Prince Sebastien joined the group of males. His sister, HRH Princess Alexandra, joined the women, who immediately jumped into the conversation in German.

Teenage royals walked around, conversing with other teenage royals. Then there was the young royals who were forced in doors for this event. Some tried to get away with running around but were quickly scolded by their nannies. Other young royals played with dolls and other toys. Freddie tried to escape from Lucy's hold so that he might play with the older children. Lucy waved a toy in front of his face and he grabbed a hold of it.

The meal started with many royals taking their seats at round tables. The young couple of Wales sat with the young couples of Luxembourg. Teenagers sat with each other, in which they had known each other for long periods of time.

"Tell me," HRH Prince Sebastien said to Princess Lucille of Wales, "how is London?"

"Cold," she laughed, and he laughed too.

HRH Princess Alexandra smiled. "I suspect so. Do you get out much with the baby?"

"Not much since the cold."

"And the media attention?"

"Yes, they are quite... lovely human beings." Princess Lucille smiled nicely.

"Did you think about going out to the country?" HRH Princess Alexandra asked. "Don't most British royals do that?"

"Yes, I suppose, but I rather not do that. I prefer to stay in the city for a while, and we certainly have enough space. As well as Frederick should really learn how to grow up around the media, especially when they won't be after him for most of his life."

"Yes, they'll go after his cousins."

HRH Prince Sebastien paused. "The media is quite terrible in London, probably the worst paparazzi I ever experienced. I don't like going back there much anymore, and I didn't even realize they knew who I was." He smiled broadly.

Prince Harry of Wales interjected, "Well, we have new legislation passing in our country for the protection of the children, since they're innocent in all of this."

"We all know how this goes," HRH Prince Sebastien said. "We were born in this. We were raised in this. Sometimes it's a wonder why people choose to enter this life."

Harry's eyes immediately slipped over to Lucy, but she hadn't batted an eyelash. "Love," she stated. "It is an overpowering thing, and once you have real love, you must keep a hold of it and never let go. You must remember it, because it keeps you sane while the lights flash. If you really love someone, you don't let them go. It's love that keeps you there."

HRH Princess Alexandra sighed. "Beautiful, truly beautiful, much like you're wedding." She smiled. "It's hard to believe that it was your wedding when we last saw each other, and that was over three years ago. Neither of you look as if you have aged."

Prince Harry of Wales laughed. "That's why my grandmother held out so long. She didn't truly age on the inside."

After eating, slowly the royals started to leave. All would've returned tonight for the ball, leaving the younger children behind. Teenagers would've returned, but nobody knew for how long. Other members of high society in Sweden.

With Freddie sleeping on the way back to the British Embassy in Sweden, Harry and Lucy made their getaway.