Chapter Thirty-Two

"Freddie is asleep finally," Harry said, walking into their bedroom in the middle of March. "You think he would've been tired after all the fun he had today with all the kids there."

"He did have a lot of sugar," Lucy said, snuggling more into bed. "He ate a lot of cake."

"Did you enjoy the chocolate cake?"

"Oh, not this again."

Harry chuckled. "We could enjoy our time a little bit more."

"Freddie will wake up."

"We'll be silent." Harry considered his words. "Or you'll have to be silent." He was down at her legs and he put his knees on the bed. Lucy watched him closely. Harry's chilly fingers wrapped around her thighs and then slowly opened her legs. He glanced down with a smirk on his face. His fingers slid up and down her legs, like he prepared himself.

"Why?" she asked.

"I just want to love you," he said. "I want to show you how much I care."

Lucy smiled at her husband. Their relationship wasn't designed around physicality, but sometimes you were just hungry. There was an urge inside of them, especially inside of Lucy for some reason. Harry was happy to oblige. And he had a mysterious smirk on his face, like he knew he was about to be amazing.

Instead of coming face to face with her, Harry left his face below the belt, and Lucy's eyes rolled to the ceiling. A giggle escaped her lips. Harry hushed her. Neither of them wanted Freddie to wake up and interrupt a moment like this. Biting her bottom lip, Lucy still smiled but at least she kept silent. Harry spent some more time, which Lucy quite enjoyed for obvious reasons, before Lucy grew tired enough. Both of them had a long day, and this was a good form of relaxation. Now, with a few hours before midnight, it was time to go to sleep, when they had to get up early enough in the morning again.

Lucy said, "Turn off the light. I want to sleep."

Harry laughed softly and did so. Soon, both of them were asleep. Harry took a little while longer to fall asleep, with his mind running around certain ideas. Lucy had her baby shower next weekend, and he knew how much she loved those. He thought more of Lucy, with the baby some months out. Excitement filled him; Harry had a hard time falling asleep after that. However, Lucy laid next to him, sound asleep. His breath matched hers, and suddenly, he fell into a deep sleep beside her.

Lucy woke in the barely morning. It was still dark outside, still night, maybe past midnight. She could a few hours of sleep then. Her eyes opened to the ceiling, where some light of London managed to sneak in through the curtains to their bedroom. Lucy thought she had woken up because of Freddie, but there wasn't a sound. Perhaps it was her mothering ability to sense when he was awake. Either way, Lucy couldn't fall back to sleep, but it wasn't because of Freddie she realized. There was a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. It had been a while since this feeling, but she remembered it all too well.

Stilling, her eyes raked across the room, from what she could see. Her eyes glanced to the right and then the left. She saw nothing. Harry was to her left; he slept. His breathing was normal. Yet, Lucy stopped breathing for a moment, but yet there were two breathing patterns within the room. Someone else was in here with them.

It wasn't Freddie, because he breathed quicker for a smaller body. Also, Freddie couldn't get out of his crib, because of the bars.

Freddie, Lucy thought.

Panic rose in her, but this wasn't the time to panic. Lucy didn't panic, not until later. She knew better; she was better. She could panic later; now, she had a job to do. Lucy, whatever the problem was, she needed to save her son. The panic was in her, for her son, for her husband, for her baby still growing inside. She couldn't do anything rash, without hurting the baby inside of her. She had a job to do, and it was to protect her children, whatever the cost. And she could only do this was a clear mind.

Lucy counted down in her mind, Five... four... three... two... one. She forgot about the fear.

The only placed she didn't have clear sight was the hump over her belly, the perfect blind spot in the dark room. There was another person in the room, besides Harry. Lucy had to think of a plan.

There were two panic buttons in the room, under the lip of each nightstand, one of either side of the bed they shared. If she rolled over and pressed the button, immediately security would've been alerted. She knew how quickly they would've been here, since once, she accidentally hit the button. If she was able to do that, Harry would've continued to sleep and she would've pretended to sleep. Security would've dealt with the situation.

Lucy didn't want to wake Harry up, because he would've jumped into action. That might have made the situation worse-- no, it definitely would've made the situation worse. Lucy wanted to keep this easy, this peaceful.

Slowly, Lucy shifted in the bed slightly, just testing the waters. Through her eyelashes, she only saw the outline of the man. It was definitely a man, tall and slender. He had a shadow, which made him look more ominous. His hair was long, pulled back into a pony, but he was male. Lucy was sure that he was male. Her eyes rested on him for a moment, sizing him up. His hands were behind his back. If he had a weapon, she didn't see it.

Rolling over, Lucy hesitantly moved her hand. It was just about hitting the button and not causing any damaged. This needed to end peacefully. Lucy couldn't roll over to her stomach, obviously, so she had to reach into the darkness, moving slowly from the middle of the large bed.

"Please don't do that, your highness," said the male.

Lucy swallowed. She wasn't close enough to hit the button anyway. She wasn't quick enough anyway, and she couldn't fight back without putting her unborn child into danger. If it had been any other day, at any other time, Lucy would've ended it now. She would've gone with the surprise attack, and the male would've already been on the ground.

"Please sit up, your highness." He paused. "Let me see you, your highness."

Sighing, Lucy did as told. Her back pressed against the headboard of the bed. She got a full look of him then. Her eyes searched the darkness for a weapon.

"Thank you, your highness." His accent was crisp and clear, somewhere in London though. "Wake up your husband, your highness."

Her hand reached out and touched Harry. He didn't wake immediately, so Lucy pushed against him harder. His eyelids opened groggily. "What is it, Luce?" he moaned.

"Harry, we have a situation." Her voice didn't give away panic but fierceness. This was something scary about how calm she was. Yet, Harry noticed that something was up with her.

Moving upward, his eyes searched his wife's face. "Luce, what is it?"

"Hello, your highness," said the other male.

Harry whipped around at the voice. In the darkness of their bedroom, he saw the male. Going into protective mode, Harry got in front of his wife. He faced the intruder. His back pressed into Lucy's bulging belly. He felt the baby kick in her stomach, like the baby panicked.

"What do you want?" Harry spat.

The male laughed.

Harry somehow got closer to Lucy, and he shook slightly on the bed. It was like he was a cat ready to pounce. "Get out of here now, or you will be killed."

"I'll be making the threats, your highness." The male pulled out a knife. It gleamed in the moonlight.