Chapter Twenty

Getting out of hospital ended up being easy, when they went away from the media. The media hadn't ended up being too bad, but they still were on top of each other outside hospital. Harry drove back, with Lucy in the back with their son in the back. Two cars were with them at all times. People had gathered outside Kensington Palace, but they only saw the couple from the non-tinted windows.

It had been announced in the early morning about the birth of their son, with more information to follow later. It said, "Prince Harry and Princess Lucille of Wales welcomed a son this morning."

Gwen and Siobhan already waited inside, along with a royal photographer. No sleep would've been happening now. Lucy was immediately pulled away by Gwen and placed into a chair.

"You're going to fix this?" Lucy asked, motioning to her face and hair.

Gwen smiled. "You have a glow about you."

"It's because I'm that tired." Her eyes raked over to her son, who was held by Siobhan. Harry had been pushed into a shower. Lucy wished for one of those.

Gwen started on Lucy's hair first, which had been drenched in sweat last night and early this morning. It was still light outside, and the sun would've continued to shine for at least another two hours before setting. A shower was necessary for Lucy, but there wasn't enough time if the photos were to be released before nightfall. For now, Gwen just blew out Lucy's hair so that it didn't look so greasy. The stylist's next step was to work on Lucy's face, and that somehow needed more work than the hair.

Quickly, the baby woke up and his cries filled the air. Tony, who had been holding the baby, immediately paused. Lucy held out her hands. "He's hungry." The smell of pee or poop from his nappy hadn't filled the room, so Lucy didn't suspect that.

Immediately, Tony handed the infant to Lucy, and she started to take out a breast. Everyone looked away, somewhat embarrassed.

"Are you kidding me?" Lucy asked, with a raised eyebrow. "It's a boob. I feed a baby with it." Still, no one looked at her. Perhaps it was because she was royal and time hadn't changed that much. Or perhaps it was because she was about to use her breasts for what they were made to do, not to have sexual pressure for another. "If you don't want to see my boobs and my nipples or a baby suckling on them, leave the damn room. He's hungry and I'm tired. Let's go."

Tony, the photographer and a few other people left. Gwen and Siobhan were the only ones to stay. The stylist went back to doing Lucy's makeup. The Princess of Wales took out a breast and her son had a little bit of a hard time latching on, but once he did, he went for it. Harry returned to the room, and his clothes had been laid out. He changed. The baby finished feeding. Lucy had to change clothes for the photos. The dresses ended up being difficult to get into fully.

The baby boy started to cry. "Harry, can you get him?" Lucy asked, but Harry was already on his way over to change the diaper.

Lucy finished changing as Harry came back in, holding his son. Gwen made a few finishing touches on the couple. The royal photographer was allowed back inside the room, and he positioned the couple.

"The King will be here soon," Siobhan said. "Some photos will be taken with him and his wife."

There wasn't a choice either way. There were photos to be taken. However, Harry must have known his father was coming, but he didn't tell Lucy. She smiled tightly. The photographer placed Harry and Lucy closer to some of the portraits. Lucy was told to look more natural. The photos were taken, bright flashes, and the baby never flinched. He managed to stay perfectly asleep, even when his grandparents came in.

Charles had a happy glow on his face, along with his wife, Camilla. The photographer went crazy with photos as Charles and Camilla met the baby boy for the first time. Somehow it got worse with the flashes even faster when Charles held his grandson for the first time. Camilla held the baby boy too, after the King of England.