Chapter Fifty-Six

June 2027

Soaking in the water as long as she could, Lucy stared up at the ceiling in front of her. The bubbles in the bathtub were long gone and the water was cold now. It was quiet in the house, the first time in a long time, with the boys taken out to the park by Harry. When they came back, then everyone was forced into reality. Lucy closed her eyes. Underneath her tight and scarred skin of her stomach, the baby girls kicked like crazy. At least one was always awake, even when Lucy tried to sleep, and it was no different now. The little babies seemed to be duking it out.

"Luce," Harry called from the other side of the bathroom door before he entered. A smile bloomed across his face.

"I didn't hear you come in-- I didn't hear the boys come in," she corrected.

"Yeah, they're tired after all the fun they had today." He stood over her, watching her in the bathtub. "And the fun isn't over for them quite yet."

"So much for resting," she sighed with a smile.

"Do you want to call the whole thing off?" he asked.

"No, let the paparazzi take their pictures. Let the public see how massive I am. Let the bets be taken and money lost," she rambled on. "It'll only be a few hours of dancing anyway." Lucy held up her hands and Harry helped pull her from the bathtub.

"Happy birthday!" He kissed her on the lips, but then pulled back quickly. "Shit, you're freezing." Grabbing the towel, he threw it over her body and began to rub her down. "Think, Luce, you're almost old," he joked. Harry's hands took the time to run over her skin to make sure all of it was dry before she slipped into her dress for her 30th birthday party.

"You'll always be older."

Harry came face to face with his wife again. Now she was wrapped in a towel, but it didn't cover much of her skin. A mysterious smirk illuminated his face. Something hid behind his eyes. Lucy watched her husband carefully, unsure of his next move. For all the years of knowing him, she knew him well, but he liked to change it up. However, today wasn't the day. His lips landed on hers, but it stopped there. Gwen, Lucy's stylist, called from the bedroom for the Princess of Windsor. Harry took a step back before helping Lucy into the bedroom.

In the bedroom, getting ready for her ball tonight, Lucy's hair and makeup were done properly, the first time in a few months. Her dress was made in flows, nothing too tight, as the venue tonight promised to be on the chilly side. The flowing dress graced her body and the floor, but at least it was easier to walk in. Knowing Lucy's size was only going to grow, when the dress had been designed, it was supposed to be naturally long everywhere. She twirled, but at least it didn't fly up. Lucy also had the ability to sit down in the dress without it pulling. However, for the final touch, besides all of the jewelry and tiara, Lucy had to stand and walk in heels. Once inside the party venue, the shoes would've been replaced, but for now, she had to find her footing again.

But it wasn't like she lost it all. Harry was amazed how easily she managed to walk gracefully in heels, how her legs stretched on for miles and miles, never missing a beat. She easily moved around without hesitation because she knew how. Lucy only wobbled when she stopped walking, never sure how to stand properly.

Freddie and Henry were in matching little tuxes, now standing at almost five and three. The boys waited everyday for their little sisters to arrive in the world, but their parents could've waited a little longer. In their hands, they held red roses, Lucy's favorite, for their mum. She greeted her sons with kisses and hugs.

"You kiddos ready?" she asked.

Both nodded.

"There'll be chocolate cake," she added, but no more excitement was needed. Both of the boys practically ran out of the apartment.