Chapter Twelve

The car ride out of London was long and bumpy. With May starting, more and more tourists entered London for the summer months. The streets got more clogged. Lucy could've gotten out of London easily if she had gone by Tube, but she was royal and she was on a royal trip to an event. Harry sat beside her in the backseat of the car. The car ahead took William and Catherine, and the couple followed behind. The car jerked to a stop as someone quickly ran out in front. The car went again, trying to stay together.

The car went over another pothole, and Lucy adjusted in her seat again. With each bump, it was like her son moved more and more. They would've gotten back into London late, and there wasn't a way for her to sleep on the way back now. Harry held Lucy's land, but she grunted as the car lurched again.

Some people took pregnancy with grace. Lucy preferred it with annoyance. As the pregnancy progressed, she became more annoyed with everyone, especially anyone who stared too long at her stomach.

They hit the expressway and the car ride got smoother. Lucy still wasn't comfortable while sitting.

Stopping outside the building, the bright lights from flashing paparazzo cameras immediately made Lucy blink burning tears out of her eyes. William and Catherine exited their car first, and cameras flashed at them. Harry stepped out of the car. He dropped his hand, which Lucy took. She stepped out and her dress glided out. It was windy on the coast. There was much cloud cover today which had the flashes from the cameras that much brighter.

The heat had come and gone with the heat, along with the sunlight. May brought clouds, cold and rain. Harry carried an umbrella for Lucy as her arm curled through his. Armed Forces were lined up on the edge as William and Catherine met with the sailors first. Harry was third in line; Lucy stood in fourth. Lucy held the umbrella now, with her outfit needing to be covered while Harry's uniform could be dried out.

"A pleasure to meet you." Lucy shook a hand. "A pleasure to meet you." Lucy shook a hand. "A pleasure to meet you." Lucy shook a hand.

Harry stopped to hold a conversation, so Lucy talked along with everyone nicely. Her voice was rather quiet. When Harry moved again, Lucy moved too. It used to bother Lucy how she always had to follow Harry, but then she realized that if she went first, she would've had no idea what to do. She was happy to follow him. Princess-training did effect her after all.

Soon, the couple moved into the ship that was to be christened today by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. More sailors stood inside and they greeted every one. Harry kept an arm on Lucy as they walked, careful going through the door frames. Since she had a hard time seeing over her belly, the door frame was usually raised and Lucy was careful not to trip.

Her husband had quite the experience on the ship as he was shown into the control room. Lucy glanced around, having a nice view. Some of the sailors spoke to her and pointed things out on the ship. Harry always had more fun with these things, like he was a child again. Lucy tried to imagine how her own son playing this way. The thought actually terrified her.

After viewing the ship, both couples moved into the cold again. The wind threatened to push a skirt up, but Lucy always wore her skirts weighted. The last thing Lucy wanted was someone to see her crotch or butt. The wind whipped around her. She was drenched quickly, with not even the umbrella able to save her. It wasn't just the rain but the spray off the ocean.

William and Catherine stood more toward the middle than Harry and Lucy. William gave a speech as the wind bellowed. His words were drowned out. Harry stood at attention but his eyes glanced over to his wife, who shivered slightly. The weather hadn't shown any signs of being this hellish today, yet here it was. William finished his speech up smoothly but quickly, ready to christen the ship.

"Lucille," William said, "would you like to do the honors?"

She smiled and moved past everyone. It just took one level to pull at the bottle of champagne would've hit the ship. Nerves got to Lucy with all eyes on her. The wind beckoned to make things difficult. She waited for the wind to knock the bottle of champagne into the waves. After a moment, she hit the level and the bottle of champagne did not make to the boat. The string snapped and fell into the ocean.

"That's not good luck," Lucy muttered to herself. In the awkward situation, she smiled but her eyes went to Harry. Help, she mouthed to her husband.

In the distance, down below, all the sailors watched her. The weather played a part yet Lucy couldn't help but feel like she messed up. Her job was to hit the boat with the champagne, even if the rope snapped. That was how a ship was to set sail with luck. If the ship ever went down, well everyone knew it was Lucy's fault.

It took two long, awkward minutes but a new bottle of champagne was brought for Lucy. Harry handed it to his wife. "It's five feet," Harry said. "Throw it."

"What if it doesn't shatter?" she asked. It would've just been another fail. "I don't exactly have that strength."

Slowly, Harry reached around, and both of them held the bottle of champagne. "On the count of three," he warned. "One... two... three." They threw the bottle of champagne at the large ship, and it shattered nicely. Glass shards fell into the water, which probably wasn't great for the environment.

Hoots and hollers were heard, and the crowd started to disband. People made their way indoors or to their cars. Anywhere to get out of the weather. The coldness and the wetness started to leak into the cracks of even the strongest.

"Back to the car," Harry said.

Lucy nodded.

There was a rush back to the car. William and Catherine managed to get back to their car quickly. William called Harry over, and the younger brother ran over. Lucy rushed forward to her car and Tony opened the door for her. She slipped inside and then hissed. The door closed behind her. Lucy's body trembled with coldness. Tony handed a blanket back to Lucy and she placed it over her body.

"Holy shit." Lucy wiped her hands off on the blanket. Hissing under her breath, she placed a hand to her stomach.

Harry jumped into the car. "The weather is really picking up out there. Think it's going to be a perfect storm." His eyes came over to Lucy. "It's all right about the champagne bottle. That's terrible..." he trailed off. "Luce, you okay?"

Her eyes averted downward. Her arm curled around her belly. Her face twisted in pain. Her fingers curled into the leather of the seat. Her breathed shallowed. Her legs flexed. Her eyes terrified. Her body stilled.

"Luce?" Harry demanded. "Luce?" He placed a hand on her thigh. "What is it?" He touched her cheek with his other hand. Her skin was still warm, though wet with rain. "Lucy, what is it?"

She only moaned, "Ow."